Thread: dropped ridill

Character
    Zirconian
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

dropped ridill

I dropped a ridill obtained in 2013 on dec. 11 in windurst walls on Asura using the gold mog pell and I wondered if I could manage to get it back. The ridill was dropped on that day as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zirconian; 10-06-2020 at 01:34 AM.

"Idiots are like talking to a wall because they will hit you with more experience."
    "Long Live Pandemonium from 2004-2010." "Pandy Server 2004-2008 Asura Server little bit of 2010, couple months in 2011-2012, July 2013-Present."
    26,000 fish caught. 110+13+3(with fishing imagery and cheer). 885lm 4522pz lord of ulbuka caught so far... 9700 traverser stones

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    dunno but at least they aren't hard to farm these days if you have to resort to it. Surely on asura even you guys can walk into that zone and kill a lv75 content force pop dragon just about any time you feel like it. Surely...

If you still have your 'one time accidentally dropped item retrieval" card with SE, I very strongly suggest you just go farm another ridill and save that card for when, if ever, you drop something infinitely more valuable by like a factor of a billion, such as a relic/mythic/empy/aeonic/MAYBE defending ring.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Customer support people don't read a forum, you need to contact them directly.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirconian View Post
    I dropped a ridill obtained in 2013 on dec. 11 in windurst walls on Asura using the gold mog pell and I wondered if I could manage to get it back. The ridill was dropped on that day as well.
    Nope. But you can make a new relic weapon in a fraction of the time it took you back then.

In order to recover discarded items or a compromised account you have to report it within a week (or maybe it was two weeks) of the incident.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Nope. But you can make a new relic weapon in a fraction of the time it took you back then.

In order to recover discarded items or a compromised account you have to report it within a week (or maybe it was two weeks) of the incident.
    Ridill is not one of those though, and I'm a little bit unsure why this one would be an issue enough for a request such as this, though I'm not going to say it's not worth it. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    oh I know. I'm pretty sure Ridill isn't really relevant anymore though, but I suppose I could be mistaken.

But it is as I said, if you toss an item you have to make an item restore request promptly after it happens, i.e. there is essentially a statute of limitations. If it is as you said and happened years ago, your only option is to get another one. It's not like it's a one-time-only item, anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, I'd definitely just go get a new one of these the regular way, but that's me.

I did never agree with the one-time policy of recovering special items, even if I can understand it to an extent, though I'm lucky enough to have never had a reason to request for it.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Arknova
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    When I looked into getting back an item I dropped back in 07 the GM told me too much time had lapsed. Never hurts to try though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Yeah, I'd definitely just go get a new one of these the regular way, but that's me.

I did never agree with the one-time policy of recovering special items, even if I can understand it to an extent, though I'm lucky enough to have never had a reason to request for it.
    They limit the requests for two reasons:

1) to not be constantly inundeated with "i threw my shit away" requests all the time (they would be)
    2) because allowing restorals freely could be abuseable
    3) Having the security token doesn't use up the one time restore if you still manage to get your account compromised

I fully agree with the rule (hold on a sec) but would rather they solve thiis problem with something like the Calamity Salvager in FFXIV which will let you buy back items that can not be reobtained.

But in your case, where it is totally reobtainable I say just reobtain it and be more careful about tossing items in the future as a lesson. Of course, that's a little easier today because you just put all the gear you use regularly in the Wardrobe and you can't toss items from there.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-12-2020 at 11:30 AM.