Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with information on the October version update.

Autumn is upon is in Tokyo, and the weather of late has been quite pleasant. In Japan, autumn is considered a time for eating, and I’m all in favor of any season that provides me with scrumptious fruits to feast upon. For others, autumn is a season for sports or for reading. I would suggest that autumn also be a season for gaming, but I guess that wouldn’t be much different than what I’ve been doing all year anyway.

Without further ado, let’s dive right into October’s version update.

On the ambuscade front, Volume 1 sees the return of the trolls, while Volume 2 contains a new Halloween-themed treat, as is customary this time of year. This year you’ll be battling a Mithra, but the fight’s gimmicks are very similar to those from previous Halloween Ambuscades. Trick or Treat applies silence, amnesia, and terror—a bit of a pain, to be sure—but it can be avoided if you have a specific food effect upon you.
The enemy using Trick of Treat will also suffer a powerful slow effect for a limited duration. I guess that must be because of the food coma from devouring all those treats.

Each year, some version updates are on the light side as we prepare for bigger updates to come, and this is one such update. Rest assured, though, that we are preparing for greater things to come in the next version update—the November version update, which is always one of the bigger ones as XI celebrates the 11th month of the year.

However, in exchange for being a bit lighter on new content, we’ve got a wonderful array of campaigns for you at enjoy and prepare for an even more fruitful November.

We hope to see you in Vana’diel over the next few months!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
OctoberRecords of Eminence・Update monthly objectives-
Content and System-related
OctoberAmbuscade ・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
OctoberPorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items-
Item-related
OctoberItem・Add new items-