Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Player
    My biggest gripe with this two strikes and you're out system is there is almost no judgement in it, if you have one strike and do something thta would give you another you're account is destroyed. Even if the first strike was 17 years ago for killing a fish bot.

Even youtube deletes strikes after 6 months if you're good.

It makes zero business sense to have a system made to get rid of long standing paying customers over minutia, do away with permanent records unless the issue was serious.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-03-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    My biggest gripe with this two strikes and you're out system is there is almost no judgement in it, if you have one strike and do something thta would give you another you're account is destroyed. Even if the first strike was 17 years ago for killing a fish bot.

Even youtube deletes strikes after 6 months if you're good.

It makes zero business sense to have a system made to get rid of long standing paying customers over minutia, do away with permanent records unless the issue was serious.
    I wouldn't complain if -ahem- most of the permanent bans on both the XI and XIV forums were forgiven.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I don't think you understand how it works.

You can get a ban from saying a bad word in yell, you can get a ban for annoying someone like talking their mob if they are AOE killing (I know people who got a temp ban for pulling a monster from an AOE farmer - "harassment"), you can get a ban from MPK a bot or RMT, you can get a ban for joining their party selling job points and warping them, you can get a ban from being lewd in say when you were 14. You can get a ban from other things than cheating and considering many of us were teenagers when this game came out and were a lot more stupid back then it's unfair to have a one strike and you're out policy that lasts 20+ years.

Especially since they don't have a very good appeal system.
    This. I got a warning for saying "hell" in say in Port jeuno back in 2004. They told me I had my first "warning" for cursing. I was really surprised at that.

I wasnt even using it towards anyone. It was a mistell when my friends were talking about religion. They asked where I'd end up lol. Yup, totally offensive. /s

They do need to do away with this system imo.
    (2)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    I wasnt even using it towards anyone.
    I didn't even know it was a curse word!
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Outright removal of this system would just escalate to someone ruining your day by calling you names via tell or even on public chat. Since there would be no consequences whatsoever to fear anymore. Human beings are not that honest, that we should weaponize them further. Even these cyber bullies are in many cases merely human beings venting their own frustration on some unfortunate victim that just happens to be there. Anyone that has personal experience with such cases can surely relate and understands why this kind of strict system is important to hopefully keep cyber-bullying at bay. Humans will think twice before doing bad things, as there will be strict consequences for their actions.

Leaving all the blatant botting, speed/pos hacking and other third party tool usage aside in this context. We as players need this system in place, even if it might be a little strict and lack proper judgement system, in order to keep the community honest. Removing it would make ffxi completely lawless zone, where people can socially and mentally attack each other, and suffer no consequences for it.
    (0)

Player
    Unless you did something really really bad then it should not be a thing, a warning should be automatically deleted after 6 months.

I've had people say awful things to me, who cares. Just blist them or have fun arguing for 10 minutes.

We have a system in place here where someone could of said or done something 17 years ago when they were 14 and if they do anything at all today their account would be banned, this isn't a warning system. It's totally unfair.
    (0)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I do agree that the system can be quite unfairly strict and doesn't always seem to judge cases properly, as many players have posted here as evidence.

What's important to understand though, is that not every person is mentally built to handle verbal abuse and bullying. Some people are extremely sensitive to such things and have great difficulties when it comes to handling any kind of conflict. In some extreme cases it may even deal to severe anxiety attacks. And that is certainly not their fault and nobody can blame them for being bothered by such abuse.
    (1)

Player
    This isn't about bullying, it's about the foundation of the system.

You can warn someone and then ban their account on the 2nd action, the points is that the warning should not last for the entire life of the game.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Blacklists exist. No one can "bully" you via chat. It is impossible.

All text based transgressions should be penalty free regardless. As as system already exists to eliminate it.

If a person uses mules to negate the system, they've burned their "warning" by using more than one character and that would be bannable.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    Blacklists exist. No one can "bully" you via chat. It is impossible.

All text based transgressions should be penalty free regardless. As as system already exists to eliminate it.

If a person uses mules to negate the system, they've burned their "warning" by using more than one character and that would be bannable.
    The existence of the blacklist is not an excuse to do type or do that break the rules / harass others, just the same as the existence of a curse filter on forums and chats is not an excuse to curse.

The fact that self-help resolutions are available does not make it suddenly okay for others to break the rules. Generally though, if you're being harassed, a GM will tell you to use the blacklist. But if they continue to find other ways to harass you after blacklisting them, then they will usually take action.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-10-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast