Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Couldn't agree more, Mr White Knight. XD
    Come now, if you watched my streams (just the other day in fact) you'd know how salty I am about SE's failiure to address abuse in The Feast in FFXIV.

I quit White Knight as my main job years ago!
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Okay, this is off-topic which is good because it sounds like life threatening.

Anyway, you mean there are bots in a PvP arena? Yes, you are right. It is exactly why we don't play the PvP. SE can't fix it for sure.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think we need a chat thread like Japanese posters have one for a long time.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Okay, this is off-topic which is good because it sounds like life threatening.

Anyway, you mean there are bots in a PvP arena? Yes, you are right. It is exactly why we don't play the PvP. SE can't fix it for sure.
    No, it's not bots. It's the relatively low population making the queue easy to manipulate- people intentionally throw games if they get someone they don't like on their team, and the various other sorts of things you can do when you know who's playing.

Fair enough, it seems odd that we never did a thing like that. The XIV forums has had that one "tales from the duty finder" thread that's gone on thousands of pages of people ranting about stupid things happening in dungeons and stuff.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Indeed, I haven't read the FFXIV forums for years so I just did. That's quite a lot of pages in one thread. People like to [beep] about everything right there.

However, this forums is different. We need to be more confident with the community team. Can't be their fault if the dev team said no if you know what I mean.
    (0)

6. 11-22-2020 03:03 AM
    Reason
    [QUOTE=Alhanelem;631870]I'm sorry you feel that way. I am responding 100% in good faith. You just happen to disagree with my

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I am responding 100% in good faith. You just happen to disagree with my opinion. That's fine, but to imply malice on my part is absolutely wrong and disingenuous.
    Was not about us disagreeing - for the most part we even agree on a lot, which confused me why you kept repeating and causing me to try and explain because maybe you just didn't get why I felt it wasn't right that uninvolved 3rd parties presume -anything-

You are dismissive of experiences other than your own and tell me I brought nothing to the conversation. I'm not the one being disingenuous here.
    (0)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 11-22-2020 at 04:38 AM.
    Too many people in FFXI land are toxic. Including the official forums.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    for the most part we even agree on a lot, which confused me why you kept repeating and causing me to try and explain
    I mean, if you had the impression that we understood each other, that's usually where a discussion ends.

You are dismissive of experiences other than your own
    Untrue. I told you what my experience was and you kept telling me yours was something else while simultaneously making me feel like my experiences were "wrong." Thus, as I said before, all I can tell you is what my experience is. It's entirely possible for you to do the same kind of thing as me for the same amount of time and have a different experience. What I'm telling you now is that doesn't render the lessons I took from my experiences invalid. I completely believe you when you say you had XYZ experience.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-22-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    I mean, if you had the impression that we understood each other, that's usually where a discussion ends.
    Which is why when you continue to re-state your experience after I explain that the part you took out of context I presume we did not reach understanding.

Untrue. I told you what my experience was and you kept telling me yours was something else while simultaneously making me feel like my experiences were "wrong."
    I literally started with simply saying "it happens" citing examples where people I knew personally have been perma-banned over small potatoes after people said it doesn't happen. You took it a whole different direction because of one comment I gave about uninvolved peopel making judgements on who deserves what - I think we have both spent to much time explaining what we are not saying. Which is a sign we shouldn't be interacting with each other further.
    (0)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 11-22-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I literally started with simply saying "it happens" citing examples where people I knew personally have been perma-banned over small potatoes
    The issue is just that different people (and SE, and other companies) have different ideas of what is "small potatoes" and what isn't.

I think we have both spent to much time explaining what we are not saying. Which is a sign we shouldn't be interacting with each other further.
    Having said that, I will defer to your j udgement. But just because it was difficult for us to communicate here doesn't mean we can't have a civil discussion about anything else, so I hope you're only referring to this conversation.
    (1)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    The issue is just that different people (and SE, and other companies) have different ideas of what is "small potatoes" and what isn't.
    Yes, we touched on that before, where I only refereed to it as being a debatable subject.

I hope you're only referring to this conversation.
    Yes, correct.
    (1)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast