Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Nevertheless, placing such timer on this ban system would simply allow people to wait it out after getting their first warning, and resume their illegal activities after that waiting period. There's nothing to fear if all they would get is gentle slap on wrist, and that is assuming they get caught breaking rules to begin with. This could simply lead to players being increasingly reckless and really testing the limits of what they can or cannot do in the game. And simply take a break from the game if they ever end up getting such warning, only to resume right after this period ends.

Besides, it's not like you cannot continue playing the game after getting banned due to punishment for breaking mutually agreed rules (user agreement and terms of service). One can simply purchase and create new account, and start anew. Hopefully wiser the second time. The various QoL improvements over years have even made this much easier than what it used to be.
    (0)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We are wasting money I can conclude from all the evidence. They should just do away with NA access since they leave 2 months now of new odyssey content bugs un-fixed it shows you what your $13+ per month will buy you from Square Enix's super ffxi dev team. Then nobody would be complaining about being treated unfair because you would know concretely THEY DON'T CARE what u think instead of observing the ongoing evidence like a logical being and coming up with the same conclusion.
    (Now to the topic at hand) Banning for language when they have npc dialogue too that says damn and hell in it already is obsurd too I agree ban's should only exist if you are impeding someone in game from playing it properly by breaking rules, ie. pos hacking, botting profusely, harassment via many ways even ways that havn't been invented yet, and more.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihika View Post
    Nevertheless, placing such timer on this ban system would simply allow people to wait it out after getting their first warning, and resume their illegal activities after that waiting period. There's nothing to fear if all they would get is gentle slap on wrist, and that is assuming they get caught breaking rules to begin with. This could simply lead to players being increasingly reckless and really testing the limits of what they can or cannot do in the game. And simply take a break from the game if they ever end up getting such warning, only to resume right after this period ends.
    Now I'm not saying I agree with the notion that anything needs to be changed here, but let's be honest, do you know any unscrupulous mischief makers that could get in trouble for doing something bad, wait out the 1 year or whatever cooldown to get their strikes removed behaving like an angel, and then start causing trouble again right after it wears off on cue?

For most people, you either reform after the first penalty, or you keep offending. you don't reform temporarily until your penalty wears off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-10-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Character
    Starhopper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    you can get a ban for joining their party selling job points and warping them
    IMHO, this should be rewarded and not penalized.
    (0)

Character
    Starhopper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If you get 2 temp bans then that = full perma ban.
    This is just not true. I've been temp banned, 72 hours, for harrassing RMTs three times over the years and one for accusations of MPK'ing by an idiot griefing colonization reives back in the day for fighting chapulis near his 24/7 afk chars inside the reive. I also had a fifth ban for putting "Koga, no thanks" in by bazaar message back in the day on Ifrit.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I also had a fifth ban for putting "Koga, no thanks" in by bazaar message back in the day on Ifrit.
    This seems odd. What's the context behind this?

But I think the lesson you need to learn is other people engaging in bad behavior is not an excuse to subject them to bad behavior of your own. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is just not true. I've been temp banned, 72 hours, for harrassing RMTs three times over the years and one for accusations of MPK'ing by an idiot griefing colonization reives back in the day for fighting chapulis near his 24/7 afk chars inside the reive. I also had a fifth ban for putting "Koga, no thanks" in by bazaar message back in the day on Ifrit.
    If this is true it's not the norm, I've known a lot of people that were banned after a second offense and they were not serious due to being in the HNM scene and also the same rules apply to XIV.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Still paranoid about getting banned? I feel bad but to each their own.

I remember there is a cooldown for the penalty. I am not sure if it is still the same system (never met any GM in the game before... still zero GM calls).

SE picks favorites, it's like I am being reported in FFXIV and have a GM to look at me: "Hmm.... Yeah I have heard that person before."
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7