Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I never liked GTA5 online at all, but I thought it was a good idea to put all the folks who broke the rules on a Jail server. For FFXI, this could be a limited server or even just Mordion Goal x 1000 ...I always thought it was strange that Mordion Goal was not utilized more effectively for temp bans. I do think that SE should count temp bans as "Strikes" that can expire in one year. If you get 2-3 strikes on a year, the 2nd or 3rd strike will be a permanent ban. Just my two cents.

It's kind of a shame to be penalized for a behavior from 5, 10 or even 15 years ago, but if SE wants to keep that stance, they should make temporary bans longer, 1 week or 1-month....and use Mordion Goal more if needed.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    SE already have that kind of system in place, temporary bans for 'light offenses' and permanent bans for offenses considered 'game breaking', or 'damaging to others'.
    Everyone gets a temp ban, for anything. If you get 2 temp bans then that = full perma ban. You can get 2 temp bans over the course of 20 years for literally anything and face a perma ban.

To use a real world analogy, it's like jay walking twice (once when you were 12) and then getting life in prison.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Everyone gets a temp ban, for anything. If you get 2 temp bans then that = full perma ban. You can get 2 temp bans over the course of 20 years for literally anything and face a perma ban.
    I've never had one.......
    I think a lot more people would be banned if that was the case. Also, once you have a temp ban, isn't that a wake up call to follow the rules more closely? To get temp, temp and then ban (2 warnings) is your own doing, doesn't matter over what time period. Anyway, where is your evidence that past strikes have any baring on if you are perma banned or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    To use a real world analogy, it's like jay walking twice (once when you were 12) and then getting life in prison.
    Can't relate to that, where I come from, you can cross the road anywhere legally.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 09-29-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I never liked GTA5 online at all, but I thought it was a good idea to put all the folks who broke the rules on a Jail server. For FFXI, this could be a limited server or even just Mordion Goal x 1000 ...I always thought it was strange that Mordion Goal was not utilized more effectively for temp bans. I do think that SE should count temp bans as "Strikes" that can expire in one year. If you get 2-3 strikes on a year, the 2nd or 3rd strike will be a permanent ban. Just my two cents.

It's kind of a shame to be penalized for a behavior from 5, 10 or even 15 years ago, but if SE wants to keep that stance, they should make temporary bans longer, 1 week or 1-month....and use Mordion Goal more if needed.
    The only issue I ever saw with the GTA V online jail server, was that they put the same people who used a swear word in the same category as the people who legitimately cheated. Crime doesn't really fit the punishment deserved. As a former CS support agent for Xbox, I can tell you that it's the most annoying thing about enforcement by the companies who think that both have the same fitting punishment for Rockstar, Activision, among other companies. Neither of which made sense. Cheating the game, yeah, I can totally agree. But that makes no sense for someone who said "F-" in chat once, or poked someone a few times.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I've never had one.......
    You might have. They don't tell you about it unless you log in during the suspension and get the LM-# error.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I thought it was a good idea to put all the folks who broke the rules on a Jail server.
    Sounds good. Send them all to Asura.
    (3)
    It's your server.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Sounds good. Send them all to Asura.
    I think most of them are already there :P
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes, Asura is where all the bad boys play. I haven't got one warning or in Mordion Goal since 2003. I only saw one member in my exp party was teleported to there and that was years ago. So I agree with this thread. Record shall be based on the last 12 months or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    It. Is. A. Game. There shouldn't be permanent records at all.

Imagine being banned for life from owning a super nintendo for using a gameshark. That's really stupid.
    Xbox itself can get locked up from online for cheating/hacking and an account won't. People have to buy another Xbox if they want to play online again. It called a policy and it can be changed again anytime and we have to read it to agree again. *nods* Many people don't really read the whole policies from many different companies. Policies can assist a company in defending against legal claims.

FFXI on the other hand is a PC game only so who cares what they do and what they want to do so as long as they don't hurt other players' experience.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't get in trouble and you won't get permabanned?
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Don't get in trouble and you won't get permabanned?
    Exactly

I kind of get the vibe that some of the people posting here are the ones who have received bans in some way, shape or form and are now complaining about it
    (0)

Player
    The punishments don't fit the offenses.

You get the same penalty for a curse word as running a bot, and both are lifetime bans for a second transgression.

That's asinine. Always has been, always will be.
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast