Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Why can I throw away my REMA weapon?

There is no valid reason I should be able to do this, the only reason I would do it is by mistake or in a stupid mindset.

Not only is this bad for players but it increases work load for the GM team too.

Maybe, fix it? Maybe stop people being allowed to throw REMA away at all? Maybe add a menu option (default to on) that stops you throwing away specific items like REMA weapons?
    (5)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I agree with your question 100%. I always wished that:

1.) A dropped item goes to a "Mog Recycle Bin" in your Mog Garden, which can be reclaimed if you dropped it by accident. (If you drop 10+ items, then the Mog Recycle Bin fills up, and your only way to retrieve the item if by one-time Item Restore.
    2.) Item Restore hasn't been updated since 75-era and I don't think it can restore any REMAs above Level 75 ...and except Aeonics, can even restore any I-Level Items.

I hope SE considers these propositions for our benefit.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Because having 100% permanent items can cause problems. What if you filled your inventory with them? FFXI doesn't have a "can't throw away" FFXIV does, but it is only u sed for irreplaceable gift items and such that are meant to be used as soon as you pick them up. Anything else, such as quested weapons like the REMAs in FFXI, can be thrown away but they can be reobtained from an NPC who tracks when you obtain such items. This is the better route to take, and really anything that can only be obtained once should be reaquirable this way.
    (0)

Player
    It doesn't need to be all R/E items, just selective ones.

It can take 6-12 months and hundreds of millions of gil to make one REMA and you can throw it away in one second.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You have to be very careful with a "can't be discarded" flag becuase it can cause big problems, as I said. FFXIV only uses this for reward items/mog station stuff etc. so you can't accidentally toss the thing you spent money on or won in a contest.

As I said, they just need an NPC in the game like the Calamity Salvager in FFXIV that knows when you obtain certain items and allows you to buy a replacement if you lose it. If that's unfeasible then they can probably at least do it with the NPCs/objects that give the items in question- i.e. Oboro could reasonably track what items he's completed for you.
    (0)

Player
    Almost every other mmorpg has items you can't throw away and every other mmorpg does not have items as previous as REMA.

They can't replace items easily because they can't just hand you an item with progress made on it.
    (0)

They could always add an NPC that sells such items for say 200 Gil, that you have made, like say you made a Mandau and dropped it by mistake, after you make it-it should be flagged in the NPCs menu (Menu empty until you discard an item).
    This would solve any mistakenly dropped items (REMA) and negate the need for any kind of GM assistance. Also you can't exploit it either, because you need to drop the item first, and then pay a small fee to get it back.
    (3)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I agree with your question 100%. I always wished that:

1.) A dropped item goes to a "Mog Recycle Bin" in your Mog Garden, which can be reclaimed if you dropped it by accident. (If you drop 10+ items, then the Mog Recycle Bin fills up, and your only way to retrieve the item if by one-time Item Restore.
    2.) Item Restore hasn't been updated since 75-era and I don't think it can restore any REMAs above Level 75 ...and except Aeonics, can even restore any I-Level Items.

I hope SE considers these propositions for our benefit.
    Friendly reminder that SE does occasionally listen to our suggestions, as shown above. However, this month doesn't seem to be one of them. Hoping storage slips "." name bug gets fixed and that we can continue to see content with more replay value.

(Content like Odyssey and Sortie too, have an issue where, once people get what they want, there's no incentive to help others or go back to content). I'm hoping we see some new reasons to help new characters or replay existing content.
    (0)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。
    Please do not consider my words to be malicious.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    (Content like Odyssey and Sortie too, have an issue where, once people get what they want, there's no incentive to help others or go back to content). I'm hoping we see some new reasons to help new characters or replay existing content.
    I didn't get what I want and I gave up with it. Nothing worse than doing the same thing over and over and over again.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Friendly reminder that SE does occasionally listen to our suggestions, as shown above. However, this month doesn't seem to be one of them. Hoping storage slips "." name bug gets fixed and that we can continue to see content with more replay value.
    The cynic me thinks they just got to it themselves, at last, not because the users asked for something (that, or/and a bunch of people on the Japanese side asked for it). ^^;

But yeah, would think they would have come up with something for special things like this by now.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast