Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Snoringwife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alekzander View Post
    I am disappointed that they chose to release the Yagyu Darkblade as a limited reward from a lottery system that only seems to occur twice per year with alternating rewards. I've purchased my Bonanza Pearl, but the chance of winning is only 1/1000.
    I'd be surprised if they put the effort into developing the mechanics to make shadows AoE and created this weapon only for it to be available to a few players. I would expect that we'll see this available some other way later down the line...at least one can hope.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Hi SE,
    The OP here took a lot of time to present his ideas for NIN in a well-organized and readable format...about a year ago. Could you please take a moment to offer some feedback or ideas for what you can do to improve Ninja? Does OP's ideas overlap with some of your future all-jobs adjustments that are coming up? Thanks!
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Item: Mochizuki Hakama
    • Adjustment: Adjust augment effect
    • Before: Enhancing Mijin Gakure Effect: Damage +50%
    • After: Augments Mijin Gakure: Applies Reraise
    • Reasons:
      1. Mijin Gakure's damage is based on your current HP. This means, even at full HP, its damage is negligible when compared to the HP that relevant enemies have.
      2. Testing has shown that Mijin Gakure damage can be as high as 80% of your current HP, which is likely around 2650 damage with the 50% bonus if using Mijin at 100% HP. This is generally less damage than one or two attack rounds.
      3. Moving Nagi's 'Mijin Gakure: 'Reraise' effect here makes more sense and allows us to give Nagi a more fitting bonus considering the Gil and time investment required to obtain a Nagi.
    Item: Nagi
    • Adjustment: Adjust ability bonus
    • Before: Augments Mijin Gakure: Applies Reraise
    • After: Augments Enhancing Ninjutsu: Enhancing Ninjutsu is applied to all party members within 5 yalms. Does not apply to alliance members.
    • Reasons:
      1. With a price tag 250 to 300 million Gil, the "Reraise" effect of Nagi is insulting. At most the player saves 1500 gil or 7 Conquest Points on a Reraise item in game.
      2. Enhancing Ninjutsu is incredibly weak and Ninja currently has zero support capability outside of Elemental Ninjutsu.
      3. Providing an area of effect bonus to Nagi allows Ninja to gain a minor support role by passing their weak Ninjutsu effects to nearby party members.
      4. This also applies to Utsusemi with a cap of 3 shadows to nearby party members.
    Why did you propose to add Reraise to some other item, while justifying removing it from another item on the basis that it saves you nothing because reraise items exist?
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Why did you propose to add Reraise to some other item, while justifying removing it from another item on the basis that it saves you nothing because reraise items exist?
    He's trying to justify that Nagi deserves a better augment than just giving Mijin Gakure Reraise, and it instead should be apart of Relic armor. By the way, I think both of these suggestions are great. I would have just suggeted removing Reraise from Nagi's Mijin Gakure augment by itself, but giving it to Relic AF Mijin Augment is a great way to balance out the changes to benefit Ninja, without gimping their mediocre one-hour.
    (1)

Character
    Snoringwife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    He's trying to justify that Nagi deserves a better augment than just giving Mijin Gakure Reraise, and it instead should be apart of Relic armor.
    Does SE have a habit of changing existing items unless something is totally out of balance? It seems unlikely we'll see revised augments/stats to relic armor or Nagi unless more reforged phases are added.

Personally, I find the Nagi augment somewhat useful to NIN as a job, but not with the current game meta. The ability to die, re-raise, blow up, then re-raise with full HP and no weakness has a lot of good use to it as both a tank and DD. There would be considerable benefit to this in the context of todays time limited, instanced content, having a job that can not be limited by weakness due to a single death could pop back up at full power without waiting 2-4m to get back at full strength and not have support required. Without it, you have to get raised twice (or once + RR) to erase weakness.

The problem is that, without considerable effort (eg full Nyame augments) and alignment of the stars (e.g. mobs weak to NIN WS), the job just isn't desired by the player base compared to other DDs or tank jobs. The fact AoE wipes shadows or fast hitting mobs (eg this months Ambuscade) tears through them makes NIN less desired as a tank. As a DD, the potential is there, but it requires more effort/gear than other jobs and is more situational. If either of these weren't the case, I could see Nagi being more desired. I would go through the effort to get it, especially right now with time limited content.

The issue is that SE is keeping NIN in 2008. The enmity bonuses give it hate tools, but little content can actually be tanked by a NIN. As a DD, the potential is there, but it is difficult to get the most out of it without very difficult to obtain gear and even then, it is situational. IMO they should focus on revising Blade: Ten or Blade: Shun to be more in line with Savage Blade and/or revise how shadows work to bring NIN back into a desired position. If that happens, the Nagi augments would have their use especially in this era.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2