Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Uslessness of sparks and why UNM battle still award them

I know that there was a bunch of thread on it already. I also understand the idea of not wanting a limitless gil printer. However. Being that accolades have a secondary use, the popping of Unity wanted battles, and sparks do not, what is the purpose of still awarding sparks for killing them?

If you have capped accolades for the week, you have also capped sparks for the week, so, they're pointless as a reward. And being that sparks have absolutely zero use outside of buying items, a change needs to happen.

Instead of Unity wanted awarding sparks of eminence, maybe just give 1 material per victory. Or a P/B/R box... or literally anything but sparks. Or allow sparks to also be used to participate in UNM battles. Even allowing sparks to be spent on REM chapters would be better than what you have now. It's dead content, and dead content is always bad.

You've got to do something with sparks. Anything. Even Crour (which was also "nerfed" has secondary uses)
    (1)
    Last edited by Soraii; 09-08-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Maybe create a new section of goods with no cap/or little influence the on cap from the Sparks vendor. Items that aren't sellable such as CP/JP rings and other items.

I do however agree that chapters shouldn't be easy to obtain from the NPC to encourage people to do battles. Simply because, outside of mercing, RMT yells and people running around with 5 alts - nothing happens, and more grouping needs to be encouraged.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Capping sparks/accolade turn-in's is dumb, and a waste of time. The only benefit to doing this is so Square-Enix will generate even more revenue by having RMT and players alike paying for mules to compensate for a ridiculous cap.

Having a cap will not stop anyone except people that don't agree with the pay-to-win methods that this game promotes. SE knows this and are treating everyone like mushrooms; fed crud and kept in the dark. You want to attempt to reduce RMT? Good! But do it effectively. Legal action against gil selling sites, actually employ enough people to properly police your game (cause you know... you should probably actually do your job??). Everyone knows who the cheaters/bots/RMT are on the server. They don't try to hide it. This is a bandaid on an amputated limb.

This reeks so bad of the failed fatigue system of ffxiv that led to massive overhauls of the game. Don't punish the community for RMT actions (that you fail to effectively get rid of). Get rid of the RMT. If you think capping accolades and sparks is gonna deprive RMT, you failed as a company already (not knowing that never stops RMT chinese and korean botters) and only advises the incompetence of the developers.

From XI's starting point launch back in 2002, all the way through 2018 (and into 2020); you mean to tell me the devs learned nothing about RMT still? 18 years you guys? Come on.
    (1)
    Last edited by Elkanah; 09-22-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkanah View Post
    Capping sparks/accolade turn-in's is dumb, and a waste of time.
    Well, it got rid of a lot of BST and DRG's in Sparks gear dominating zones on Asura, from what I can see. It also stopped people mutli-boxing and then npcing unlimited amounts of gil for 4 hours with various characters.

However, this has now translated over to Job Point sellers and Mercs which is now totally out of control, and not helped by people utilizing their services as if this is the new normal of getting CP.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Well, it got rid of a lot of BST and DRG's in Sparks gear dominating zones on Asura, from what I can see. It also stopped people mutli-boxing and then npcing unlimited amounts of gil for 4 hours with various characters.

However, this has now translated over to Job Point sellers and Mercs which is now totally out of control, and not helped by people utilizing their services as if this is the new normal of getting CP.
    Hmm, very different environment on ragnarok. As it seems to have increased here on ours (or at least, this is how it seems to look, rather)
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean the original and primary purpose of sparks was and is helping people level up and progress through the game to item level territory. getting gil was reallyy a secondary perk.
    (0)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean the original and primary purpose of sparks was and is helping people level up and progress through the game to item level territory. getting gil was really a secondary perk.
    Right! Which, when I got back into the game recently in the last several months, it was easy. But, kinda dies down once you can't actually buy gear anymore or items (like the etched memories, or skill up books, etc) too. I'd just like something else I could earn or convert them into when I reach cap. I do agree with the OP's original advisement in having other things to use it for, or turn it into (rather than sparks from unity accolades), I'd like to convert it (similar to how the vouchers work). If I can't buy items any further, at least let me convert it in other places.

If they're worried about gil farming from it, then lower the prices of the items to meaningless gil numbers? The Acheron shields sell for nearly 28k each with max fame, and they could just decrease all the sale prices to less than 100 gil each. Or limit the item you can purchase of X equipment per day/week.

I'd like to buy more etched memories and things like the rem tale books from the item list, but after buying out the max amount, and easily capping in a day or two (on BST easily) in escha zones, it gets to a point where doing anything with RoE or Accolades seems wasteful since those cap (and just watching the cap continue as is)
    (1)
    Last edited by Elkanah; 09-23-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm just saying that increasing its utility to make up for the purpose veterans used it for being taken away when it wasn't designed for that purpose in the first place kind of goes against the spirit of what the system was actually designed for.

It's not like it's entirely useless though, unless you have all your reforged job gear for every single job, since you can buy books with them.

I guess I'm not really against adding to it, it's more just that this thread come off as salt from capping the amount of gil you can get, since before that happened, nobody complained about how "useless" sparks were.
    (0)

Player
    Because they weren't useless, and now they are.

They were useful for skill/REM, and/or could be used as a gil source. Now they can't be used for anything. You just sit at cap all week long and it's pointless to award them, specifically from unity battles, per the title.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    Because they weren't useless, and now they are.

They were useful for skill/REM,
    There's no reason you can't still do these things.I've bought chapters and skill up thingys on many occasions, but i've never spent an entire bank of sparks on them in one go.

And adding more things to the list of things to spend them on doesn't circumvent the cap, so doing so doesn't make them terribly more useful than they currently are. by your own logic.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast