Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your September version update rundown.

In my previous post I bemoaned that the rainy season still hadn’t finished, and I am now being punished by the relentless summer heat beating down upon me,
Wearing masks in the summer heat is a bit of a new experience for most of us, so make sure to take extra precautions against heat stroke!

I hope that by the time these greetings find you, we will be out of summer’s clutches and into a much more tolerable autumn.

With that, let’s dive into the September version update.

First on our plate are new additions to Odyssey. Though not much time has passed since the implementation of Sheol B, we wanted to let you get your hands on augments to more Wanted equipment—so here we are! This brings to a close all Wanted equipment-related additions, but we’re not yet finished with Odyssey. Watch this space in the future for more information.

Next up are the monthly updates to Ambuscade, which feature an all new foe in the matamata and a return of Quadavs. The matamata are, as you might expected, a bit of a tough shell to crack, but if you attack them while they’re going into a frenzy, I’m sure you’ll be able to seize victory. They’re also a bit weaker against magic attacks, so you may want to keep that in mind when forming your party.

We’ve also got the second part of The Voracious Resurgence, Chapter 1, which brings the introductory portion of our newest storyline to a close. The meeble and mandragora—citrullus, to be exact—appearing in Akihiro Yamada’s illustration will be making their entrance. Everyone involved in created the storyline enjoyed making the cutscenes and bringing them to you, so we hope you take the time to savor them!

I have a sinking feeling that the summer heat will not abate even as we head into September, so make sure to take it easy the next few weeks. I know I’ll have the air conditioning on full blast as I play FFXI!

Until September!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
SeptemberRecords of Eminence・Add new objectives
・Update monthly objectives
-
SeptemberThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests
・Add reward items
・Add new titles
-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails