Character
    Mystikangel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Dusky Periapt of Exploration / Atma Key Item not dropping from Beguiling Radiance

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Supranet
    Type of Internet Connection: Fiber
    Internet Connection Speed: 300MBps up and down
    Date & Time: August 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Mystikangel, Wingerman
    Race: Hume M, Taru M
    World: Asura
    Main Job: Warrior 99
    Support Job: Samurai 49
    Area and Coordinates: Provenance, Beguiling Radiance battlefield
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Pil, Sarbaz
    Steps: When completing the Beguiling Radiance battlefield and opening the pyxis in Provenance, I do not receive the Dusky Periapt of Exploration or receive either Atmacite from the battlefield.

From talking to other individuals who have gotten this item in the past, they recall that this is either a very high drop rate or guaranteed. I am currently 0/11 on two characters and my other friend has not gotten the item in dozens of attempts during this same time frame.

I have entered the battlefield using 0 phase displacers as well as 5 phase displacers. I have also proc'd the monsters using abilities, magic and weapon skills - but i don't think this is part of the requirement to obtain the KI from the pyxis.

Mystikangel and Wingerman are both far enough in the Jeuno voidwatch quest where they've killed Provenance Watcher and are on the mission Ad Infinitum. They only have a few kupofried conundrums so i can only try so many times per week.

I suspect that the lights campaign may have introduced a glitch to provenance, even though the lights campaign only affects abyssea zones. Just a random guess...

Thank you for taking my bug request!
    (0)

Player
    For the 4 provenance fights, you must proc at least once to get the KI's. Regardless of the lights campaigns being active.

If you proc both mobs and still don't get it, then you already have it. Verify that part, then it's a bug.
    (3)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Voidwatch campaign give 100% white light cap upon battle start, BUT, it does not affect provenance. As Soraii said, regardless of campaign, you must proc the Caturaes inside provenance and that for a 100% white light (White Stagger/Revitalizer proc) to obtain Atma KI (Unless you get enough low grade staggers to build it high enough (IIRC)). Now thats easier said than done as VW has been built around being alliance content but its doable, and that even more so as you can reset the procs with the emote / fume (In case you did not know about that)
    (1)
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Mystikangel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thank you, Ruf. I'll see if i can confirm a white proc. I knew about the /fume trick and I have a warrior with just about as many weapon skills as i can have access to - i just actually kill it too quickly when i use 5 displacers. i'll use 0 displacers to give it more hp and update this post if i'm successful.

I do get hints about weaknesses per weapon (for instance if it's extremely weak to sword weapon skills) - any other ways to know which specific weapon skill to use?
    (0)

Greetings, Mystikangel!

Thank you for your patience while your report was undergoing a review. Unfortunately, based on the information that you have provided, the investigation was inconclusive. If you have recently encountered the same difficulties, please re-submit your report with the most recent details, and please try to be as specific as possible. Thanks again for your patience and cooperation!

-FINAL FANTASY XI Game Master Team
    (1)