Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

The money made from XI could go into some more races, areas & a DLC

Disclaimer: This is not a debate thread; thus, I am not getting into debates with anyone. This is just a suggestion. If a dev responds to it with a "Nope" or "Yeah," then I will come back to it with a reply. Otherwise, this will be my only response until the topic eventually falls by the wayside into obscurity

FFXI is obviously making more than general maintenance cost. I would guess there are 700-100+ players per server give or take. With 16 total servers. That may be around $120,00.00 (Estimate, not EXACT by any means) a month, not counting mules, gil sellers and purchases of the game.

(There is more to it than that, such as maintenance cost and ppl paid to produce content, but math is boring. Now, to the meat of what I am talking about......)

I truly believe FFXI could add more areas and races, because they added more areas and races in the form of NPC with special features and animations........ Basically, I feel like it is time for a new DLC with some new races.

I would personally like a race with Black -esque features like Afro, dreads, bigger, lips, muscular physique instead of skinny, etc. Also, it would be a nice time to introduce male Mithra which would most likely be a huge seller. Perhaps even hybrid races like Hume/Elvaan like Lisette.

You must also remember, while a DLC cost money to produce, it also has the potential to negate those cost with sells.

That is pretty much all I wanted to say. The last update was pretty solid, to me at least, as a BST. So bravo to the team. I feel FFXI has more creative juices to offer from the team. Anyway......May take another break for now. So, peace everyone. Thanks for reading, if anyone did.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I was here before obscurity kicked in

All I'll say is everything "new" being created in FFXI leverages already existing material, because due to the way the game was built their ability to make more substantial structural changes that would enable the sort of things you're asking for is limited. It's a technical matter, not a money matter. We're not getting new races, or DLC. Areas? Probably not but less certain.
    (But if we actually could have that sort of thing, I'd rather just have more customization for the existing races rather than new ones)

And a bit of extra explanation: New races are a lot more work than simply designing a model for a body. Every single gear model in the game has to be adjusted/modified to fit that race's shape/size/features. And that's a drastic undertakin. in FFXIV, the two new races were only made compatible with a limited amount of headgear because both have highly atypical head sizes/shapes and it was too difficult/time consuming to make all of it compatible (Mostly only helm models that replace the entire head and forehead/facial accessory items were enabled). So even if they weren't constrained by technical limitations, it would still be really unlikely.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-01-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Player
    FFXI already gets monthly updates for the sub, they are going above and beyond already.

We are getting more updates now for the subscription than we ever have.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    FFXI already gets monthly updates for the sub, they are going above and beyond already.

We are getting more updates now for the subscription than we ever have.
    I suspect you're being facetious knowing you, but IMO we are currently getting more substance / time now than we were a year ago.
    (0)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A new race would probably generate a ton more of characters~
    (0)
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    A new race would probably generate a ton more of characters~
    It really wouldn't. Nobody who has looked at FFXI and isn't playing it is going to go "Oh hey look, I have a new look to pick from, better start playing that 18 year old game!" Now, it could generate a few new characters, yes, but on existing accounts, since the game offers no re-customization feature, paid or otherwise. But those would just be alts- current players have already invested so much time in t heir existing ones.

Content is king. FFXIV might have gotten a few extra subs for the bunny fanservice, but that's becuase it was fanservice. There is also way more customization available be yond just the races themselves.

The only thing they can and should consider doing that would likely generate substantial new interest is a full remake/remaster.

A tilde is also not a sentence terminator.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-02-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    A tilde is also not a sentence terminator.
    I did not say that it would bring in many new players but to say none might be exagerated, my comment was mainly about current active player base because 1$ mules are a thing and it add up depending on what you are looking for (one or severals), plus, it could bring back a few unsubscribed players. As far as xiv goes, I dont even want to talk about it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 02:27 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    Haha, dont get me wrong I did not say that it would bring in many new players but to say none might be exagerated, my comment was mainly about current active player base because 1$ mules are a thing and it add up depending on what you are looking for (one or severals), plus, that totally could bring back a few unsubscribed players also. As far as xiv goes, I dont even want to talk about it period
    They would really have to start selling recustomizations for there to be any value in making such a thing. But like I said, that's a ton of work. There are a ton of gear models in the game.
    (1)