200 Mbps

Date & Time:
    6PM EDT 8/26/20

Frequency:
    Always

Character Name:
    Xilkk

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    Hume M

World:
    Asura

Main Job:
    Beastmaster

Support Job:
    Ninja

Area and Coordinates:
    Garlaige Citadel

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    Trusts: Arciela

Monster Name:
    Mephitas

Steps:
    Summon VivaciousVickie with beastmaster
    use Zealous Snort Ready ability

The haste effect will over-write haste 2 from trusts, but will NOT be overwritten by haste2 from trust.

Zealous Snort haste comes from a Job Ability, but it is treated like the magic spell.
    Shouldn't the effect be job ability haste?
    (4)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I also noticed this with trusts, and posted as a similar bug (about two years ago).

If one trust casts Haste (1) on you, the next trust (RDM) wont cast Haste II on you.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well, pet ready moves are actually job abilities... so why is it in the magical slot at all?

so even though a 25% haste over-writing haste 2 (30% haste) from player or trust is weird, its more strange that it is considered magical haste at all.

should be more like last resort, hasso, haste samba, or whatever its called drg has.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xilk; 08-28-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Even though it's from a job ability, the effect it adds is still "Haste", yes? I would assume it's working as intended.

@Simarki
    I don't really think that's a bug. Why would a trust try to haste you when you already have haste? If you cancel the Haste 1 effect, they will attempt to cast Haste 2 on you the next chance they get.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    @Simarki
    I don't really think that's a bug. Why would a trust try to haste you when you already have haste? If you cancel the Haste 1 effect, they will attempt to cast Haste 2 on you the next chance they get.
    Because Haste (1) is a weaker version of the spell. If a real human player WHM and RDM are in your group and the RDM refuses to cast Haste II on you, because you have Haste 1 on you (already cast from the WHM) then you wouldn't
    be happy, right?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Because Haste (1) is a weaker version of the spell. If a real human player WHM and RDM are in your group and the RDM refuses to cast Haste II on you, because you have Haste 1 on you (already cast from the WHM) then you wouldn't
    be happy, right?
    Yeah, I found it weird too, but then I noticed that Arciela /does/ cast 'Haste II' over 'Haste' pretty often, which made me think it might be intentional due to the fact that they don't want creeper... er, alter egos to be as good as real people. It would make sense (in a way), as you'd trade off some things Koru-Moru for example does that Arciela doesn't, but get more better Haste.

In any case, I certainly wish all of them would prioritise 'Haste II'.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    be happy, right?
    Right, but they aren't humans. The RDM trust script probably sees that you have haste so it doesn't cast haste 2. I'm not advocating for it to be that way, I'm just speculating why it happens.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Right, but they aren't humans. The RDM trust script probably sees that you have haste so it doesn't cast haste 2. I'm not advocating for it to be that way, I'm just speculating why it happens.
    They aren't no, however from a programming perspective, I'm assuming the Haste "slot" holds the same ID for "Haste II" and vice versa.

if $ID=0 then cast haste
    $ID now equals 1
    RDM sees $ID=1 and not 0, so doesn't cast Haste II kind of thing.

That's my guess anyway.
    I'm assuming the pet issue as OP has stated is due to a similar effect.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Well, pet ready moves are actually job abilities... so why is it in the magical slot at all?

so even though a 25% haste over-writing haste 2 (30% haste) from player or trust is weird, its more strange that it is considered magical haste at all.

should be more like last resort, hasso, haste samba, or whatever its called drg has.
    The ability itself may be magical in nature. Abilities can cause magical damage, etc. so being a TP move on a pet doesn't necessairly mean it can't be magic haste. I don't think this is a bug, it's a design decision.

Ifrit's flaming crush is affected by fire resistance but the move is treated as physical by the game. There are also damage dealing Ward pacts... so there is really no consistency whatsoever.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Even though it's from a job ability, the effect it adds is still "Haste", yes? I would assume it's working as intended.

@Simarki
    Well, you know what happens when you assume things.

Dancer grants job ability haste thru haste samba. Samurai grants job ability haste thru hasso. Dark Knight gets Job ability haste thru Last Resort and Desperate blows. Why in the world would think it should be Magical haste? Ready moves, like bloodpacts, are Job Abilities.

If we want to insist that it should be magical, then bloodpacts and ready moves which cause magical damage should count for Omen objectives for nuking... but they don't. They count as job abilities.

Ifrit's flaming crush is affected by fire resistance but the move is treated as physical by the game.
    Actually, Flaming Crush is Hybrid damage like some samurai and ninja weaponskills. There is both a physical portion and magical portion. None of which has anything to do with zealous snort being magical haste, as we are comparing magic and job abilities... not bloodpacts and weaponskills.

There are several affects zealous snort grants. There is no reason to assume any of them should be magical.

In fact the magical nature of this haste makes it completely useless, and almost always detrimental. The only time is is NOT detrimental, is when you are completely solo and have no trusts.

Damage dealing bloodpact: ward are limited to those inflicting status ailments which deal damage. It is consistent. The only place where 'job abilities' are treated like magic spells are with Blue magic.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xilk; 09-05-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast