Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    If we want to insist that it should be magical
    Again, I'm not advocating for anything. I'm not saying it SHOULD be one way or another, I'm just speculating why it happens the way it does.

None of Haste Samba, Hasso, nor Desperate Blows give you the Haste status effect so they have no conflict with Haste (I/II). Valorous Snort gives you the Haste status effect, so it conflicts with the effects from the the Haste (I/II) spells. The logic behind the behavior makes sense. Whether it should be Haste (I/II), job ability haste, a different magical haste, equipment haste, weaponskill haste, or some other kind of haste is a balancing issue and probably not a bug.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Actually, Flaming Crush is Hybrid damage like some samurai and ninja weaponskills. There is both a physical portion and magical portion. None of which has anything to do with zealous snort being magical haste, as we are comparing magic and job abilities... not bloodpacts and weaponskills.
    It has everything to do with it. The point is whether something is a spell or ability or whatever else does not guarantee what type of effect it provides. And that is a design decision, not a bug. A bug would be if it wasn't giving the advertised amount of haste (if it specified somewhere, either in game or in an official source), or if it wasn't giving the effect at all. But it not giving the kind of haste you want it to have isn't a bug.

Ultimately, the way its designed now (granting the haste status effect) it grants magical haste because that's what the status effect does. It isn't anything as complex as you might think.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-07-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2