Internet Connection Speed: 140Mbps
    Date & Time: August 26, 2020 9:54 EST
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Darkcloudx
    Race: Hume Male
    World: Asura
    Main Job: Puppetmaster LVL 99
    Support Job: Warrior LVL49
    Area and Coordinates: Ra'Kaznar Inner Court (I-8)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Infernal Transposer
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1. Examine the Infernal Transposer and selected Ingrid option
    2. Told request for entry is being considered and then entry denied
    3. Retry entry for 30 minutes and entry is still denied every single time
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The fix for this bug is to transfer off Asura.

Unfortunately it's just bad design of the layer areas used for this content and others, rather than a bug.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The fix for this bug is to transfer off Asura.
    It may fix the issue of queue times, but good luck finding people to do it with you :P
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It may fix the issue of queue times, but good luck finding people to do it with you :P
    Every server has at least one NA general purpose LS for "helping out" on one of the concierge NPCs. Besides that I'm on Shiva and people ask to do SR all the time.

It really isn't the problem people on Asura would like you to believe. :P
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Every server has at least one NA general purpose LS for "helping out" on one of the concierge NPCs. Besides that I'm on Shiva and people ask to do SR all the time.

It really isn't the problem people on Asura would like you to believe. :P
    You really have to question why so many people paid money to transfer to Asura, if it was that easy to get into a group on other servers?
    A lot of people have moved, thousands across the board (?) so, the question is, why did they?
    (0)

You really have to question why so many people paid money to transfer to Asura, if it was that easy to get into a group on other servers?
    A lot of people have moved, thousands across the board (?) so, the question is, why did they?
    Because they were urged to transfer by mercs wanting more people to buy their services. For years, the answer to nearly every problem was "transfer to asura". Now nearly every problem is "there are too many people on asura". You reap what you sow.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 08-29-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    It's your server.

Player
    If Asura is so great, then why is every other post from somebody on Asura how much they hate how crowded it is and how they hate people who don't play like they do and "waste" their time? I had a mule on Asura for a week. I couldn't take it after that and left.

To each their own though. You can keep your crowded server with it's annoying babble in /yell and I'll stick to my nice small server where I can go do content to my hearts content without having to deal with wait times.

This "finding people to do things" is an actual thing? Sounds more like you need to work on social skills if its an issue. Maybe you can't always find someone who wants to do the same exact thing at the same time, but in the end its not that hard.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    This "finding people to do things" is an actual thing? Sounds more like you need to work on social skills if its an issue.
    Just....no.... My social skills have served me very well in life.

FYI: I am no fan of Asura, whatsoever, and I actually moved from Fenrir originally, so been there, seen it, done it, worn the t-shirt. If SE upped their game and dealt the mass of RMT/Bots/cheats and general trolling misfits then it would be a much more pleasant place than it is now (a toxic mess).

Anyway, back to the original bug report. The fix is not to pay and 'transfer to another server' because you then encounter a whole load of other problems. The OP is attempting SR during a busy period. There needs to be more instances created, not only with SR but quite a few other battles. SE got it spot on by splitting zones and adding a queue system to the likes of Ambuscade and the later HTB.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 08-29-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Character
    Splendid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Getting back to topic...I tried to enter Sinister Reign myself this morning (also Asura), and then roughly twelve hours later in the evening. I couldn't enter either time.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You really have to question why so many people paid money to transfer to Asura,
    The answer is simple, existing players on asura told people to go there.It really has little to do with finding groups or linkshells, which absolutely exist if you take the time to look for them. People expect to be immediately invited to stuff when they log in for the first time in 5years. You gotta do the looking yourself.

Aside from this, there's a general perception that more people = better. Asura is overcrowded, it has more players on it at prime times than most servers had at the game's peak. And that means wait times for content and harder to find grind camps, and potentially more lag, and also more RMT. If people realized the benefits of more balanced server populations, they would be more balanced. This is, in fact, the reason SE originally implemented the world pass system and didn't let you pick your server by default. They wanted to ensure the server populations were balanced so everyone had the same experience.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-01-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast