Character
    Lunasaria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 50

Bring FFXI to the nintendo switch

The game is old enough that it should not be an issue platforming it on the switch. This would revitalize the player base and bring an entire new generation into playing ffxi. More over ffxi could see some new updates if they did that as well. For example new job classes like but not limited to. Engineer, uses steam punk style gear like edgar from ff6. Or for that matter maybe a berserker job class that was in ff5. Could even do a chaos knight from the final fantasy tactics zodiac age. There are soo many different classes that could be picked through from the ffseries to be brought forward into ffxi that it would be a shame to let it go to waste. I know this game is nearing 20 years old. But, the nintendo switch is a retro platform. We need to make it happen guys. Give this game a second life on the switch and bring the community back to life.
    (1)
    Wouldn't it be awesome if ffxi was playable on the nintendo switch

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While it's a cool idea, I would wait for any news on the Dell Alienware UFO since it is a full-fledged Windows 10 gaming PC.

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/a...intendo-switch
    (0)

Character
    Lunasaria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 50
    I am sure if they made it for the switch it would be to cross platformed without an issue with that ufo. As the switch runs on android technology or so i have heard.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I still sort of fantasize about those FFXI amiibos someone mocked up a while back
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I really wish they could spend the cash to port the development tools to PC. Then quite a few things like, porting to the switch, new Expansions etc, are definitely doable, but with XIV's popularity as it is, I don't think they feel the need to do so, especially with an 18 year old game.
    (0)

Character
    Lunasaria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    I really wish they could spend the cash to port the development tools to PC. Then quite a few things like, porting to the switch, new Expansions etc, are definitely doable, but with XIV's popularity as it is, I don't think they feel the need to do so, especially with an 18 year old game.
    The game is indeed 18 years old. Baldersgate is even older than that and was ported over. The point here is many older retro games are already on the switch. Thus sony really has nothing to lose by porting it over other than a small dev teams time with re-coding their already owned code.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I imagine it would be doable with a Wine wrapper of sorts (Wine is how I play FFXI on Linux).

Any actual porting is probably very unlikely to happen (because "too much work"), but would be nice to see, even though I personally do not care about the Nintendo Switch at all.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    FF14 has a subscription, paid expansions, level skips, boosters and a large cash shop.

That is their main focus, they are not going to make FFXI more impressive to anyone but the people who already like it because that will potentially take people away from the triple dipping flagship. In a meeting with the suits who control the budget allocation can you imagine any of them doing anything to hurt a game that has so many avenues of monetization over one that has so few?

If by some miracle they did get a stack of cash do do anything like this they would add more monetization avenues along with it.
    (1)