Player

Old Vet/New Returning Player LF LS

Hey Guys and Gals,

Names Rhizzae and I started ffxi pre-COP Era, played 18 hours a day for about 7 years then felt the game had changed far to much to my liking and sadly put it down. I recently re-bought the game about a year or more so ago, played for a bit; got a few 99's and had fun but the lack of any community kind of killed it for me. Not to mention the merc spam in chat all day. Made me feel kinda dirty. Ah the good ol days when you had to earn what you wanted. *mumbles like a grumpy old man* That's neither here nor there. So I put it down again. The free login campaign, and new content brought me back and loving the game again. (Good bye Asura /yell off)

However I feel completely lost, and no matter how many guides I read my social anxiety in this, Merc world makes it hard for me to find friendly players to do things with. I have the general idea on "how to" but accomplishing certain things just seems daunting. I'm a 40 year old man with a bit of time on his sleeve and just looking for a friendly crowd to play with.

Sorry about how diluted this post got, but I appreciate if you read it all.

Rhizzae~
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Look for the Linkshell Concierge NPCs, they can hook you up with linkshells that are looking for members. There are a couple in every city and each one has a different designated linkshell purpose, so be sure to check them all. These NPCs can give you pearls for linkshells on the spot.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Sadly the merc spam and Job Point selling is out of control even more so these days. /yell is a toxic waste of time that has about as many genuine yells as any server that has a lower population.

It is simply a case of what Alhanelem said - Go to the NPC, and go through the Linkshells until you find one that is good for you (timezone/not full of cheats and people standing in Dho Gates 24/7).
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Lunasaria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 50
    I play on asura and am regularly on around 9pm eastern time u.s. I tend to do most my time soloing. However i do miss the days where a person had to party up to accomplish stuff. I am just getting back to the game since cop days was released. I probably have a weeks worth of ingame time on my current profile. I have not done any limit breaks yet. However most my job classes are at level 50. I still need to unlock some job classes. Ill get around to it when i am good and well ready to do so. But till then ill just eat my junk food and chill out on game. Well hope i can meet a new friend or two on this game as well.
    (1)
    Wouldn't it be awesome if ffxi was playable on the nintendo switch

5. 09-05-2020 10:10 AM