Character
    Altguy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4

Reobtaining in game items that are no longer obtainable to the player

Some items that may be obtained in game by a player and then are thrown away are no longer obtainable unless restored by a GM but that is only under certain conditions. If you decided to throw away certain items years ago then quit the game and then come back years later a GM will not restore the items. These items I speak of include mission rewards such as the glory crown, nation flags that you put in your mog house and fishing rewards gained by doing the tenacity quests in records of eminence. I am sure there are other items out there that you cannot reobtain as well.

Now I don't want to complain about their item restoration policy. If I got to go redo things in game to get items back then ok. I certainly have no problem redoing things in the game to get items back and that is the way it is if you delete your inventory then quit the game and then come back some other time and want your stuff back.

My suggestion is that they make a way for a player to reobtain those items that cannot be reobtained even if it means redoing what was necessary to obtain those items.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It's a shame that after 20 years, this is still an issue. I agree with you OP. 100%.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My advice is that you just don't throw stuff away and "tough crap" if you do. I mean, if you deleted everything from your inventory, presumably to deter yourself from coming back, then you did so with the SPECIFIC UNDERSTANDING that you wouldn't get that stuff back. But then you STILL came back and now you regret doing the thing you specifically did to keep yourself from coming back. I mean, no offense, but whose fault is that?

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, FFXIV has the calamitiy salvager that serves this purpose, so they could copy that, at least for anything given through a quest the way their system works. They can also block an item from being discardable at all.

But the game doesn't keep a record of items you toss, so it wouldn't be retroactive even if they put this in, meaning you'd still be hosed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-16-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Character
    Altguy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    With the October update of 2020 today they made the nation flags reobtainable. Thanks SE! Hope they add more in the future.
    (2)