Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've never heard of rods affecting skillups.
    (1)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I dont know the code for fishing or what the hidden effects on rods are,all I can give you is my observation so far. I have not used any skill up rings or support.

From 0-4 I used halcyon rod and insect ball for moat carp in mog garden;I was getting .1 skill up per 20-30 fish caught.

Yesterday I did 15-18.5 in norg with willow rod and lugworm on quus. I broke 12 rods. Half of the fish caught were bastore sardine, which give no skill up at this lvl and I still managed 3.5 lvls in a day.

Today I did 18.5-23 in yorcia weald with willow rod and little worm. I did not catch 1 fish and either broke the line or rod every time. The game tells me the yorchete are too heavy for the willow rod to reel in. I went through 9 stacks of light Crystal's to repair the rods and 1 1/2 stacks of little worms.

This may change at later levels,but so far there is a big difference in skill up frequency between the halcyon and willow rods. As I go up in level I will come back and post if the willow rods start giving skill up less often.
    (0)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I dont know the code for fishing or what the hidden effects on rods are,all I can give you is my observation so far. I have not used any skill up rings or support.

From 0-4 I used halcyon rod and insect ball for moat carp in mog garden;I was getting .1 skill up per 20-30 fish caught.

Yesterday I did 15-18.5 in norg with willow rod and lugworm on quus. I broke 12 rods. Half of the fish caught were bastore sardine, which give no skill up at this lvl and I still managed 3.5 lvls in a day.

Today I did 18.5-23 in yorcia weald with willow rod and little worm. I did not catch 1 fish and either broke the line or rod every time. The game tells me the yorchete are too heavy for the willow rod to reel in. I went through 9 stacks of light Crystal's to repair the rods and 1 1/2 stacks of little worms.

This may change at later levels,but so far there is a big difference in skill up frequency between the halcyon and willow rods. As I go up in level I will come back and post if the willow rods start giving skill up less often.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    There are probably anti-RMT things going on with low level fishing. I remember trying to skill it up ages ago on a character and it would just not gain any skill no matter how many I caught until a certain time after.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Only one I remember as actually bad to use is Lu Shang's @ <50 skill. It has drastically reduced skillup rate prior to it.
    I didn't actually care though and just did lu shang's anyway mainly targeting RoEs while skilling up at the same time.
    (0)

Player
    I don't remember it being that bad. But then again, it was probably about 8 years ago and I had a lot more free time back then.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2