Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Start SoA to do RoV and there is a huge timegate of 20+ imprimaturs to do SoA missions
    That's not a wait time, you're doing content that's required of you as part of the missions. It's only a wait time if the only thing you're doing is waiting.

SOA has no "wait until JP midnight to continue" at all as far as I can recall. Some game day waits, but game day waits are 1 hour at most and usually less."

I mean seriously though, there's a million things to do in the game across hundreds of areas and something like 1000 quests, instanced battles, etc. There are so many side th ings you need to accomplish like buying spells, unlocking features from quests, that those few wait times that still exist create oppertunities to get those things done. You don't have to barrel through the entire story as fast as possible you know. As I've said before, the content and gameplay aren't nearly as dependent on the story as they are in other modern MMOs. Do. Other. Things. It's really not a big deal.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-13-2020 at 05:30 PM.

2. 08-13-2020 05:17 PM
    Reason
    eh never mind

Player
    Its not a wait when you need imprimaturs to do the content required as part of the missions and imprimaturs incur a 6 hour wait per imprimatur? A new player running through missions doesn't know to front load those so they aren't a hindrance to progress.

Do. Other. Things. is a coping mechanism to a mechanic that serves little purpose after content has been released for several years. You may be fine with coping, but myself and many others would greatly appreciate the lessening of either dead time or being forced to change focus from the goal you set for your gametime. Imagine if your PC forced you to restart every hour to Go. Do. Other. Things. when you're trying to get work done on it.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    Its not a wait when you need imprimaturs to do the content required as part of the missions and imprimaturs incur a 6 hour wait per imprimatur? A new player running through missions doesn't know to front load those so they aren't a hindrance to progress.

Do. Other. Things. is a coping mechanism to a mechanic that serves little purpose after content has been released for several years. You may be fine with coping, but myself and many others would greatly appreciate the lessening of either dead time or being forced to change focus from the goal you set for your gametime. Imagine if your PC forced you to restart every hour to Go. Do. Other. Things. when you're trying to get work done on it.
    It's not a "coping mechanism." It's a legitimate response. If you're going to insist on being belligerent, then my original comment stands. The game encourages you to play different things throughout, it's not just with the missions. If you're not willing to do that, and just dismiss it as a "coping mechanism," then you are literally in the wrong game genre. Every MMO has wait times and caps / limits on doing various features of the game. It's not just this one. I'm sorry you don't think it has a purpose, but the developers who made it disagree.

"If you don't like it, leave." I mean, I really don't like to say that. But it doesn't seem like this is the game for you. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that, we all have different tastes, preferences, desires and goals.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-14-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Player
    Who's belligerent? The person stating his view and agrees with the OP on unreasonable waits or the person who cannot accept that is a valid point of view and keeps saying that people who don't like the waits should quit? I'd say that more people would say the latter.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    Who's belligerent? The person stating his view and agrees with the OP on unreasonable waits or the person who cannot accept that is a valid point of view and keeps saying that people who don't like the waits should quit? I'd say that more people would say the latter.
    Not me? I've remained calm and made sensible posts based on facts. That's not being belligerent.

And what I said is true. Over several updates most of the wait times in the storylines were reduced or removed. The ones that still exist, exist for a reason. It's fine if you disagree with that reason, but raging about it isn't going to change it.

Wait times exist in MMOs for a reason. If you can't tolerate wait times at all, then you shouldn't play any MMOs, because they all have wait times in them at some point. But then again, maybe you're not as upset by this as you sound and you're just trying to use exaggeration to make a point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-14-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2