Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Where do these quests appear in the quest log? I'm currently on it and I can't find it in the log anywhere
    It is listed under 'add-on' content in its own tab same as Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, and the other 3 paid add-ons.
    (1)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    Man, I wish I could get half as excited about a 1 minute "content" update that took a month to create like you people still can.

No wonder they give zero effort, you praise them regardless.
    I mean, you have a point. However, to Sirmarki's point, they are catering to the niche audience they have. Not to bring in new players, etc. The people who are happy, keep paying and playing, which includes us 2......For now...........

Now, will this content keep me paying and playing beyond this month?
    Nope......

Will I perhaps, return to XI eventually?
    Sure, I quit, then come back from time to time. Also, I like talking to you guys, can't do that without a sub....

But like I said, you have a point. These are not the type of updates that will bring in new players, or even keep old ones. This is one for the loyalist. I do not consider myself a loyalist. However, I give credit to were it is due. I like the new BST update......That is it......

I spend a lot of time being negative about BST. For once, I thought it would be a good idea to give them props. Some of the stuff added, were things I complained about......Thus, I can't really complain ya know....lol.

This is not World of Warcraft: Shadowlands by any means. This is also why WoW (Love em or hate em...) brings in new, and keeps the old while being the highest viewed MMO to stream. Even without the top streamers inflating the viewers. It is one of the most highest grossing franchises for a reason. Due that, they can continue to add new races, new expansions, new professions, etc.

However, XI is the most profitable FF title iirc. I don't take myself to seriously to admit you have a point, even when you low-key called me out. You do have a point.....A great point.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But like I said, you have a point. These are not the type of updates that will bring in new players, or even keep old ones. This is one for the loyalist. I do not consider myself a loyalist. However, I give credit to were it is due. I like the new BST update......That is it......
    I entirely disagree. There's no big "bring in new players"" motive. This is purely a nice little extra bit of content..

Admittely, I might actually prefer they updated it every few months like the old days, and introduced more of it at once instead of a small bit every month. But it's still nice to get a new story that nobody was expecting, and unless you were seriously contemplating quitting prior to the announcement, it probably isn't going to change anything in any way other than possible excitement about what will happen next.

It's only a problem if you were expecting it to be something more than it was.Every version update for the next two years is going to add to the storyline. Even one quest each month, that's a rather long questline for people who do it later on.

It wasn't advertised to be an expansion, they aren't being disingenuous or anything. Just a little bit more substance than the monthly updates usually bring. So I'll pass on the party-pooping cynicism.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thanks for continuing to work with BST. Things are improving, but there's still a long way to go.
    • The distance nerf is still unacceptable. It's broken and the justification for it has no basis in reality, especially now. I approve of this recent move towards encouraging beastmasters to fight on the front lines, rather than completely invalidating a playstyle we've had for more than a decade - this is the direction you should have taken initially. Revoke the nerf.
    • Charm and its associated abilities are still not useful in the vast majority of content. With a bit of creativity you could do a lot of exciting things with this. I'm sure players could volunteer lots of ideas.
    • We still have to use a pair of pre item-level trousers to use our pets effectively. You could have remedied this trivially with the changes to you made merits recently - please do this.

Unfortunately I've not been able to enjoy this BST update. The almost complete lack of rules enforcement in the game means that there are barely any activities I can participate in while trying to avoid botters and flagrant cheaters. I'm not even talking about the people who abuse macro extenders and other third party tools, though that does frustrate me no end. I'm talking about the huge numbers of fully automated characters.

I have realised that my frustrations about these problems are outweighing the enjoyment I get from the game, and haven't logged in for a couple of months. I know you probably don't care, as I'm still paying my fees in anticipation of some motivation for me to return to the game, but to be frank, every time I have that urge, I think about what I'll do when I log in and I'm immediately confronted with the reality that I'll have to compete with with RMT bots, play in parties with healer/buff bots, and contend with an action house heaving with HQ items that have been generated by cheaters. So I don't log in for yet another day.

I used to religiously attend my linkshell events, thrice a week. I'd been doing so for years and years. Lots of friends, lots of fun. Your inaction on multiboxers and botters has ruined that for me. It would have been unthinkable just a couple of years ago for someone to bring a bot to my linkshell's group events, but now it's considered normal. Desirable, even. I feel like the bad guy for complaining about flagrant cheating.

A couple of months ago, I have to confess that I ragequit at the end of one of our linkshell Omen runs because, as a WHM, almost all of my healing spells were landing for zero. We had three players running heal bots. No one questioned it. No one rose an eyebrow. This is the new normal, and I can't enjoy a game that tolerates this kind of ridiculous cheating. I've not logged in since then.

I'm sure I'll be back, but you need to know. Your inaction is having an extremely detrimental effect on my ability to enjoy your game. I want to play! I want to enjoy FFXI. I love it - but I do not love what you inaction has allowed to fester out in broad daylight.

You ask for feedback. This is what I have to say - Please do something.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Unfortunately I've not been able to enjoy this BST update. The almost complete lack of rules enforcement in the game means that there are barely any activities I can participate in while trying to avoid botters and flagrant cheaters. I'm not even talking about the people who abuse macro extenders and other third party tools, though that does frustrate me no end. I'm talking about the huge numbers of fully automated characters.
    I don't understand why, seemingly, nothing seems to be getting being done about it. The Job Point seller botting is out of control, not just in Dho Gates, but pretty much all of the gate areas now. That's one problem.
    The next is actual players who are clearly cheating, you can see they are cheating, and their questions and comments on third party forums also confirm they are cheating - Again, nothing gets done. They just.... Carry on doing what they are doing.
    The same shield botting players, and other botting related actively from the same players has been going on, in some cases for a year or more.

In fact, most don't even care, so much so that they have the audacity to do it in full view of other players.

I'm kind of lucky because I'm in an active Linkshell, so I can afford to shut myself away from most of that, where I can. I just feel sorry for other players who don't have that luxury.
    (3)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm kind of lucky because I'm in an active Linkshell, so I can afford to shut myself away from most of that, where I can. I just feel sorry for other players who don't have that luxury.
    I'm glad you're managing to evade most of it. Unfortunately my linkshell is turning a blind eye to it, so I can't even escape it there. Worrying that people will think me unreasonable if I express the opinion that people shouldn't blatantly cheat in my own linkshell is horrible, and was the final nail in the coffin for me.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    I'm glad you're managing to evade most of it. Unfortunately my linkshell is turning a blind eye to it, so I can't even escape it there. Worrying that people will think me unreasonable if I express the opinion that people shouldn't blatantly cheat in my own linkshell is horrible, and was the final nail in the coffin for me.
    Yep, been there myself. Was practically forced into my own corner by the majority of a Linkshell I was in because I asked why so many people in it were using JP sellers and certain members participating in dubious activities themselves.
    I left. Found a LS that runs by my time, and tends to steer clear of all that. Took me about four years to actually find a decent Linkshell on Asura that was on my level.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Beastmaster Feedback: Axe Weapon Skills need Quality of Life changes

Thank you for continuing to listen to the English community feedback and update Beastmaster. After checking out the new traits and pets, with discussion among the community I'll list in separate posts some issues we find still so players can like individually what they agree with.

First is that Axe weapon skills are very lacking in general. Decimation with Dolichenus is very dominantly used for damage because pet axes cannot keep up.

Important Weapon Skill changes
    • Decimation: Overly increased by 1 weapon. Instead of +120% on weapon, why not boost the weapon skill itself by 100-110%? Then the Ambuscade axe can just be +10-20%. Right now it makes it too useful over using Relic, Mythic, Empyrean or Aeonic weapons.

• Mistral Axe: Needs the same TP scaling as Savage Blade.

• Primal Rend & Cloudsplitter: BST gets two RMEA elemental weapon skills which are weaker than ranged ones like Leaden Salute and Trueflight. Suggest to match TP scaling for damage to Leaden Salute. Increase gear that BST has access to with Magic Accuracy and Magic Attack Bonus.

Wishful Weapon Skill changes
    • Bora Axe: Request to be changed to a hybrid of physical and ice elemental damage to increase it's usefulness. Similar to WS such as Tachi: Jinpu.

• Ruinator: Most merit weapon skills either increase damage with TP or additonal effect except Club and Axe. I don't think BST needs accuracy varies with TP. BST is the only one that can use Tri-Edge. Change to damage or critical hit varies with TP.

I believe these suggestions won't affect Warrior too much. Warrior does not have access to as many Axes as BST. At most they would just see a bonus to Cloudsplitter's usefulness and I feel the weapon skill in general should just be more useful.

Thank you for reading.
    (5)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Beastmaster Feedback: Job Abilities, Merits & Job Points exclude master

Thank you for updating pets to give the master offensive options. While it is helpful, the majority of Beastmaster job abilities feels dated.

Familiar
    Mainly used prior for Charm duration on strong monsters and HP boost+10%. It feels not as useful now even with Job Points adding attributes.
    Suggestion: Add more scaling for Ready moves during Familiar and a boost to master offensively as well.

Charm
    Suggestion 1: Allow charm of monster pets or adds in content such as Gaes Fete and Dynamis.
    Suggestion 2: Charm has a chance to remove the effect on charmed players. Base removal rate and Charm+ adds to chance of removal that well geared BST can remove it. Similar to Cursna.

Call Beast/Bestial Loyalty
    The recast for Call Beast and Bestial Loyalty is very long.
    Suggestion 1: Lower recasts similar to Puppetmaster. Call Beast increases to 20 minutes and does not consume item. Bestial Loyalty consumes item to summon pet with low HP but recast 1 minute.
    Suggestion 2: Increase duration of pet special ability effects to master to 10 minutes or longer at high TP. Also increase duration of debuffs to 5 minutes.

Reward (Pet Survival/Status Issues if master meleeing)
    Need the ability to remove more status ailments and frequently. Puppetmaster works because not only does their pet have similar HP. They have massive Regen attachments, can swap HP with pet and Repair and Maintenance remove status ailments. Dragoon also gets a lot of native damage reduction, cover and heal pets. This is needed if master will be in melee gear and not pet damage reduction.

Tame
    Suggestion: Varying difficulty to land but reset hate on any monster and removes all status ailments so no exploits. Resistance given to Tame. Provides a unique support ability to reset and recover.

Feral Howl
    Jettatura from Hippogryph is more potent and accurate.
    Suggestion: This ability needs to be just as strong if not better in some other way due to being a job ability.

Spur
    Suggestion: Give Store TP to master as well. Attack with Job Points.

Run Wild
    Spur can be used disengaged, this ability should be able to do that as well.
    Suggestion: Run Wild used without engaging a target first. Run Wild can be used on charmed enemies but lowers the charm duration. It should also give a tandem bonus to master.

Thank you for reading.
    (4)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Beastmaster Feedback: Distance to execute needs adjustment.

Distance to execute commands continues to be a huge hurdle to enjoying the job. Large scale monsters can require you stand next to your pet, which sometimes you don't want to stand in conal range next to it.

Areas with lots of aggressive enemies can cause trouble executing commands due to pet's own enmity list. If a mage or ranged enemy attacks my pet, it will run after them. Making it harder to control.

I've heard different suggestions from the community. So any changes would be helpful.

My suggestion: Revert distance entirely. If the goal is for pet 50% damage, right now it's more 70% master 30% on some pets maximum then it just means a defensive play style to use among Summoners and Puppetmasters. The master will melee for damage input just as Puppetmasters do.

Alternate suggestion 1: If master and pet are active on the same target then increase distance to execute attacks.

Alternate suggestion 2: Increase execute range to 10 yalms.
    (5)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast