Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Player Ruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99
    Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

    Baffled a bit by this

    Why is this, https://support.na.square-enix.com/c...981.1596561588 outside the official forum?
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 01:43 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

  2. 08-05-2020 02:31 AM

  3. 08-05-2020 02:31 AM
    Reason
    ~

  4. #2
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    608
    They always put this stuff on the website, they make posts here later when they have the results or whatever else.
    (0)

  5. #3
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,589
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Yeah, I believe it was only announced via 'playonline.com'.

    It sure would have made sense to also use the Community Events forums like they did in the past [1], but maybe the people who are able to do that were busy at the time...

    1. https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/f...Design-Contest
    (1)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  6. #4
    Player Ruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    99
    Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Yeah, I believe it was only announced via 'playonline.com'.

    It sure would have made sense to also use the Community Events forums like they did in the past [1], but maybe the people who are able to do that were busy at the time...

    1. https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/f...Design-Contest
    Yes, that is what I am saying.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 01:45 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

  7. #5
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,300
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Frankly it's a good thing because it means you can still participate if you've been banned from the forums.
    (0)

  8. 08-06-2020 10:55 AM
    Reason
    ...

  9. #6
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    608
    Vast numbers of people have been banned from the official forums, the moderators used to have a zero tolerance policy here.

    So yeah, this is important.
    (0)

  10. #7
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,300
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Vast numbers of people have been banned from the official forums, the moderators used to have a zero tolerance policy here.

    So yeah, this is important.
    mhm lol. Despite having a (mostly) clean record here, I'm permabanned from the FFXIV forums and like 75% of community events/contests take place on the forums. So I'm essentially barred from particiapting in any of it just becuase I chose the wrong word in one post that didn't get reported until two weeks after I posted it. I can only do the contests they hold on Twitter. For FFXI though, I can still participate in anything.

    And before anyone gets to thinking anything about me from the above fact: They'll ban you for merely having a history of negativity, even if you don't actually break any rules. It is not hard at all to get banned from the XIV forum lol... Lots of perfectly normal players whom are just the nicest ppl in game have forum bans.

    They are more strict on the forums than they are in game because the forums are public-facing and they can get complaints from non-players and stuff and it reflects bad on them or something like that.
    (0)

  11. #8
    Player Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16
    Character
    Myotismon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm honestly 100% shocked you've made it this far on this forum without being banned here too. Your opinions are quite abrasive at times and everyone else got deleted for any kind of aggressiveness lol.
    (1)

  12. #9
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,300
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I'm honestly 100% shocked you've made it this far on this forum without being banned here too. Your opinions are quite abrasive at times and everyone else got deleted for any kind of aggressiveness lol.
    I'm really not trying to be lol.

    I don't dispute what you say at all I'm an aspie and I have a tenancy to be blunt. It's really not out of any desire to be a jerk, I assure you.
    (0)

  13. #10
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,589
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Frankly it's a good thing because it means you can still participate if you've been banned from the forums. :p
    Well, with regards to the Shield Design Contest specifically, the entries were sent via e-mail, not the forums.
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast