Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

DEVS, GIVE ME THE POWER!

since it seems like this game is being completely unpoliced right now just give me the power to see who is botting 24/7 in Dho Gates without EVER leaving and allow me to stick them in GM prison or sumin. Nothing is happening and just like Beastman controlled areas the RMT have COMPLETELY taken over ENTIRE JP farming zones. real players have practically no chance of getting a party. I want whats best for this game and am more than happy to be the one to throw out the trash!
    (3)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think there needs to be steps veteran players can take, say having an account from 10+ years old to be able to sign up to be a GM or someone to honestly police the game to rid the server of RMT and other unsavouries
    (2)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In FFXIV, the novice channel is essentially policed by the players, and we do have the ability to temporarily kick them from the channel for disruption.

Honestly it really wouldn't be a completely terrible idea to create a program to allow vetted players to flag / temp suspend RMT bots pending a follow up investigation by SE.

Thing is you'd need to make sure there were consequences for flagging non-RMT to limit abuse.

But to keep things simple, I'd honestly settle for a one-click report button for RMT bots. Just add it to the context menu in the full screen log. press the button, instant STF report. FFXIV has this.
    (0)

What they could do is, add something like Ambuscades-legion area, where you make a party and enter the instance for a set duration, and put a bunch of Apex monsters in it for the group to get Capacity points.
    Let parties choose a duration like an hour, two, three etc and have the monsters re-spawn quickly. They could even create a small area with an unique theme, like say how Mog Garden is, instead of legions box room.

Then nobody would have to deal with these automated sellers taking all the mobs out in the open world, because you could just reserve an instance for you and your group, with no competition for monsters.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've asked for this before, I offer to do the job for free.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...urting-players.
    (1)

Player
    They would never do this because players tend to abuse their power against people they have an argument with or don't like.

It's "this is why we can't have nice things"
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    What you guys are missing is that these players usually multi-box and are giving a large sum of money to SE. Why would they care in that case to ban them and lose those subs.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    since it seems like this game is being completely unpoliced right now just give me the power to see who is botting 24/7 in Dho Gates without EVER leaving and allow me to stick them in GM prison or sumin. Nothing is happening and just like Beastman controlled areas the RMT have COMPLETELY taken over ENTIRE JP farming zones. real players have practically no chance of getting a party. I want whats best for this game and am more than happy to be the one to throw out the trash!
    I saw you yelling to create a CP party yesterday for hours, did you fill in the end? It is kind of tragic, that I think for the most part, players are actually just going to RMT now for Job Points.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    What you guys are missing is that these players usually multi-box and are giving a large sum of money to SE. Why would they care in that case to ban them and lose those subs.
    Genuine players aren't going to stick around in a game littered with cheats too long. New players I've seen return can't actually believe what they are seeing in /yell.
    As soon as players leave, the RMT will leave. Good luck to you, if that is your thing. i.e. bots and mutli-box players playing by themselves and just there to sell content to people. Doesn't really appeal to me personally.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast