Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Square don't treat people who multibox any different than people who don't, I don't understand where you are coming from here. A GM doesn't know how many accounts you have when they deal with someone, they don't know you spend 6x as much as another person. The accountant has no link to the customer service agent, there isn't a big note on your account saying "this person has 6 accounts and has played them for 10 years, they also have the best gear so don't ban them k?".

They don't want to ban anyone because it's bad for business (this applies to all businesses), they will if they have to (which ends up also being bad for everyone, since once the game isn't profitable it's not here anymore). This is why they give everyone 2nd and 3rd chances.

I know of players who think this, they have 5-6 accounts and "the best gear and lots of rema" and think they won't ban them, yes they will ban you if you're stupid. So don't be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I saw you yelling to create a CP party yesterday for hours, did you fill in the end? It is kind of tragic, that I think for the most part, players are actually just going to RMT now for Job Points.
    One of the problems when people can't fill a party is they are asking for in-demand jobs and those players don't want job points since they are already master. It's not like, "damn I can't get a melee to join my job point party!"

Back when colibri merit parties were a thing, 10 years ago people wanted bards and bard trolls would flag up all day and goto work leaving their computer on just to annoy people, it's no different then to now. In-demand jobs cap out job points really quick. I used to be a main brd and flagging up resulted in 10-20 tells in minutes, guess what happened when I swapped to war.

Back to OP, they will never give one person power over everyone else. Power corrupts and humans are emotional animals. There are .01% of players who would never ever abuse that power, if you need people to do this you would get people that would abuse it and ruin the whole thing. As such, they can't do this.

Also it's easy to just get your linkshell members to "vote for you" and then you use all those votes to abuse people from a competing linkshell.

The problem the developers have is this:

Ice cream is proven bad for you and bad for society (that have government funded health care, tax payers foot the bill), doctors and a small % of people will tell the government they should ban ice cream (job point bots).

However if people are buying that ice-cream in large numbers, then they obviously want it even if it's bad. So will banning ice-cream be a net negative or a positive?

Will banning all the job point bots cause a mass exodus of casuals? If nobody wanted this, nobody would use it but people do want it. When you goto these places you see armies of players who use the services. This is the problem.

Also, from a purely technical stand point. The only way a GM can tell if you're a bot is if they send a tell and you don't reply to the tells. The people running these bots often are there watching over them, this is the problem. If they get a reply to a tell they often can't do anything because they can't prove you're a bot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 08-03-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One of the problems when people can't fill a party is they are asking for in-demand jobs and those players don't want job points since they are already master. It's not like, "damn I can't get a melee to join my job point party!"
    The solution here is to be less picky about who joins. Other than a healer, you can pretty much take any 6 players and get things done better than trusts.

Will banning all the job point bots cause a mass exodus of casuals? If nobody wanted this, nobody would use it but people do want it. When you goto these places you see armies of players who use the services. This is the problem.
    Honestly if you ban JP sellers I think it will make parties a thing again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-06-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3