Yeah, I wouldn't trust random players to not ban non-RMT
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    thats why we need well trusted players maybe voted in by long time players to become these new form of GM, or at least have the devs create some form of tracking code that lets them know when people have been non-stop beating on mobs for a week straight with no breaks and instantly ban them, the only people that will have problems with this are people who are botting non stop. It is actually ruining my experience with the game as well as many others. When i log in I want to play with people, and it's become so rare to find people that havent become so lazy because RMT are just making it so you cant find places to do things anymore without insane amounts of competition, there's just too many of them now.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Since we all are the subscribers, you have to be employed for the company where all employees work for a living. That's why regular players have no privilege to do such like that.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    ...and just like Beastman controlled areas ...
    It is interesting that you say that, because I have developed, over the years (and especially this past few years), a Psychological Defence Strategy in order to help me navigate the corrupt seas I find my little ship sailing in.

I have started to view all cheats as mobs. A bit like your beastman reference [above]. I see botters, rmt, mercs, gilbuyers, etc. as Enemy Monsters, a sort of relentless background Zombie Horde. I see Gilseller Website /yells as Enemy Communications.

<That way.> I am able to log in and play the game with my friends, by the rules of the game, and in the spirit of adventure and friendship, which has been the backbone of FFXI for two decades.

And I don't worry about the rmt, botters, mercs, gilbuyers, etc. Zombie Horde. They are part of the monster world, to me. They are part of the world of heraldic imps, demons, and other monsters, they are enemies of Vana'diel, and they seek to destroy Vana'diel.

As we know, Vana'diel has been under attack by Dark Forces for a very long time. The WOTG and Crystal War storylines explained that we are at war constantly, peace is a temporary illusion, and the enemies of Vana'diel will lie, cheat, and steal, and use any filthy underhanded tricks, to try and destroy our beautiful Vana'diel.

How do I fight back, in this war? One example, I avoid the popular JobPoints camps where the enemy botters hold dominion. I find quieter places to obtain JobPoints.

I entirely solo'd two jobs to Jobmaster, all solo, before the CAP rings and other CAP bonuses / special CAP campaigns even existed. I was getting tiny [microscopic] CAP per mob, but I persevered, and got two Jobmaster jobs solo, in 2016-2017.

Obviously, I would prefer for all the rmt, botting, mercing, gilbuying, cheating, etc., to be instantly steamrollered into a big flat dead thing, at which we can all /point and /laugh, and /dance around.

But since that isn't going to be happening soon, I just continue to enjoy my happy life in Vana'diel, and try to avoid the Zombie Horde whenever possible.

We, the adventurers, the friends, the honourable players, we were here at the very beginning, and we belong here.

Vana'diel is my home.

(4)
    Last edited by Stompa; 08-02-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust random players to not ban non-RMT
    Exactly that. However, there could be a trusted group of players who have priority when reporting bots/cheats due to the reliability in the past.

I would imagine SE get a lot of bogus reports - Let's look at people who's reports have had a good track record of being accurate and prioritise their submissions.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I have started to view all cheats as mobs.
    Interesting coping mechanism, however, one major downside:

You can't target and fight RMT/Bot players..
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i think we all need a name and shame wall added to the game where you can post screenshots of all the people who are clearly buying JP from these people, afking for hours all stacked up in Dho Gates, I has a players added to my dynamis LS last night and noticed he didnt know how to play SMN that well despite having nirvana.... just now i've seen him AFK stacked in Dho Gates leeching job points from RMT... i dont want to play with people like this.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    i think we all need a name and shame wall added to the game where you can post screenshots of all the people who are clearly buying JP from these people, afking for hours all stacked up in Dho Gates, I has a players added to my dynamis LS last night and noticed he didnt know how to play SMN that well despite having nirvana.... just now i've seen him AFK stacked in Dho Gates leeching job points from RMT... i dont want to play with people like this.
    "Only those who do not seek power are qualified to hold it." ~ Plato
    (1)

9. 08-03-2020 04:22 AM
    Reason
    double clicked

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Interesting coping mechanism, however, one major downside:

You can't target and fight RMT/Bot players..
    Maybe allowing us to be a PKer only in Dho Gates and Escha areas would be a wonderful feature.

Of course, this is the PvE world we are living in and we are programmed to not attack the other players but a freedom of speech is allowed.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    What you guys are missing is that these players usually multi-box and are giving a large sum of money to SE. Why would they care in that case to ban them and lose those subs.
    In the words of MJ
    "Republicans buy sneakers, too"
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast