Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90

About the new Storyline coming out of the August Update.

The most exciting news I have to share is that a brand-new storyline will be coming to Vana’diel! This story, which will play out over the course of many version updates rather than just a few, explores a side of Vana’diel that’s never before seen the light. Be aware that full completion of Rhapsodies of Vana’diel is required to experience this wonderful new content, so I hope that those of you who haven’t set experienced Iroha’s tale in full will take this opportunity to do so.
    All I am going to say to this is.....

http://gph.is/1ysNA33
    (0)
    Last edited by Ultimoore; 07-31-2020 at 03:26 AM. Reason: flavour

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Now there's something to break up the usual
    (1)

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    Any new story is better than no story. Plus hopefully we will see some cool new Trusts come from this.

*crosses fingures hoping for more beastmen trusts*

I am hoping with all my heart that we will explore more beastmen stories and gain more lore and character developmemts on their side.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    New stories seems cool, but I can't help to think what WoW is doing with character creation revamp, new animations, and new races last year. I feel XI could add new races because the new npc are basically characters with a set of special animations. I digress....

I must say, this is looking to be the best update in quite some time imo. I am a BST main, so exciting about the new pets and adjustments. New story-line has me reaching for something regarding the untouched areas such as the far North. Big stretch, because that would mean new areas.

Reminds me of back in the day, when I would look forward to FFXI updates weeks before it was released. 1st time I had that feeling in awhile. Hopefully it is not a let down. It sounds good tho.....

Edit: INB4 BST gets nerfed after this update if the jugs have their native abilities......
    (1)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 07-31-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    New stories seems cool, but I can't help to think what WoW is doing with character creation revamp, new animations, and new races last year. I feel XI could add new races because the new npc are basically characters with a set of special animations. I digress....

I must say, this is looking to be the best update in quite some time imo. I am a BST main, so exciting about the new pets and adjustments. New story-line has me reaching for something regarding the untouched areas such as the far North. Big stretch, because that would mean new areas.

Reminds me of back in the day, when I would look forward to FFXI updates weeks before it was released. 1st time I had that feeling in awhile. Hopefully it is not a let down. It sounds good tho.....

Edit: INB4 BST gets nerfed after this update if the jugs have their native abilities......
    WoW wasn't developed on PS2 hardware.

Far as BST goes, I really wish they'd just increase the command range by 1 or 2 yalms, just so you don't have to be physically touching the pet to give commands. Social distancing is important you know...
    (3)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    WoW wasn't developed on PS2 hardware.

Far as BST goes, I really wish they'd just increase the command range by 1 or 2 yalms, just so you don't have to be physically touching the pet to give commands. Social distancing is important you know...
    Yeah, Ready needs a revamp with distance. Hopefully the new pets are big and not small. My smaller pets get lost in events such as besieged.....& I am clicking Whirl Claws but nothing happens....

Now, I am pressing heel, acting like an old lady looking for her cat "Dortwin!?"

Like I told you guys, it did not bother me. However, it was only a matter of time before it did I guess.........

As for WoW, Console limitations have more to do with the people playing on the console than the game itself. That is why mmo tend to leave these people behind (Stop support). FFXI can add new races and even another expansion, but is it profitable enough to do it with their limited allocated resources? It is up to them.

The platform can be dropped. Thus, the platform does not matter so much as the budget. That is why when DCUO dropped PS3 support, they soon revamped character creation. The devs stated, they pretty much juiced all the PS3's memory. Also, more powers and customization will be added once PS3 support was dropped. That is pretty much what happened.

Champions Online was developed with the Xbox 360 in mind. It was meant to be a 7th gen console mmo, but it still somehow has the best customization of any mmo.

FFXI modders (Not that I use them....) illustrate what can be done with this ancient game. You would be surprised......But I digress....

Perhaps this new story is a test drive for the big anniversary expansion since console support is gone...... Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? Compared to other F2P mmo I play, FFXI has twice as many players on one server they than do in the entire game......

Edit: And of course the graphics engine.......That is the big thing with any game's capabilities. But more-so, memory is the issue with consoles.
    (3)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 08-01-2020 at 04:30 AM.

The new story is a welcome addition!

I however disagree with upgrading the character customisation, game-world textures, or remastering it.
    (3)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I like FFXI the way it is.
    And I hope that the story is soloable. Being finally able to do the story content at my own leisure was what lured me back. Party-play for stuff liek Dynamis or so is okay, but for the story I want to do it at my own pace and when I have time - fast or slow as fancy strikes me.
    (2)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post

As for WoW, Console limitations have more to do with the people playing on the console than the game itself. That is why mmo tend to leave these people behind (Stop support). FFXI can add new races and even another expansion, but is it profitable enough to do it with their limited allocated resources? It is up to them.

The platform can be dropped. Thus, the platform does not matter so much as the budget. That is why when DCUO dropped PS3 support, they soon revamped character creation. The devs stated, they pretty much juiced all the PS3's memory. Also, more powers and customization will be added once PS3 support was dropped. That is pretty much what happened.

Champions Online was developed with the Xbox 360 in mind. It was meant to be a 7th gen console mmo, but it still somehow has the best customization of any mmo.
    I think you misunderstand what he meant by PS2 hardware. I'm fairly certain the game was made for the PS2 and ported later to PC/360. I believe the dev kits involved in making any content (new or changes) are still PS2 kits. As for the console itself, they dropped that support and the 360 version years ago but the basic game structure is still PS2 being ported to PC. Honestly, it's fairly impressive what they got going for the game with that limitation and I dare say shows the general potential of what the PS2 could do.

As for revamping the kits and general structure of the game to not worry about the PS2 limitations, that's where the limited resources really come into play having a skeleton crew compared to when the game was in its hayday. The profit of the game (even potential profit if a revamp is done) is likely nowhere near the costs it would create to restructure the game.
    (0)

Player
    Not long ago we were begging for Square to keep FFXI running, now people are demanding a massively costly engine overhaul?

Just be glad the game is running and getting support please.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast