Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Vahnziox
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Your entire post is still based on dubious assumptions and wishful thinking.

None of this is really that important though. Both games still exist, have playerbases that love them, and both remain successful in their own rights. And both will continue to do so for some time to come.
    Your first statement is a bit brash, and it turns out I was 100% correct in my assumptions.

Your final statement while correct undermines your reason for your response in the first place.

As not only was I correct, via proven by SE (FFXIV did not surpass FFXI until 1 year after I made my "assumptions") but your rebuttal is grounded by simple FFXIV community mantra's.

Just because FFXIV players "say" FFXIV is comparable to WoW, does not make it so. Even Naoki Yoshida said FFXIV did not, and cannot surpass WoW.

Even in that small blip in time where FFXIV started to grow, and WoW started to "fall" FFXIV still did not overcome WoW, and very shortly after, the vast majority of those WoW players simply returned back to WoW.

In the end yes, Wow, FFXI, and FFXIV all still exist, but you were the one who chose to confront my logic, and by Square-Enix themselves, my logic was proven correct. As it has been time and time again. Not only did I properly deduce that XIV had not surpassed XI yet, but I also predicted that FFXIV would suffer a "login queue" issue during the launch of FFXIV's Endwalkers.

Why people insist on arguing against such pure logic is beyond me. It is even funny how Naoki Yoshida said "there is no way even I as the producer could have predicted the surge of players and the login queue issue" when I as a player easily predicted it roughly 1 year prior to the launch of the game.

I know without a shadow of a doubt, had I had the information Yoshida had, and the information I had, I would have known, and even could have prevented the login queue issue myself.

The issue is Square-Enix developers do not play their games, and have fallen completely out of touch with their fanbase, and it is quite the shame, because I believe both games could easily be making x2, x3, x4 the amount of money, if little bit more care and effort were put into them.

Edit: To add, no I do not consider Yoshida boosting a Lalafell to max level, and rewarding the character with all the best gear, then joining a random PF here and there for savage "playing the game." What I mean is actually playing game. Experiencing its flow, and where its shortcomings and strengths are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniolaut; 12-22-2023 at 04:19 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to dig up a 3+ year old thread?

You haven't proven a darn thing, but if you want to feel smug about yourself far be it from me to stop you. This thread was over three years ago, the only reason to bump it now is to start a fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-22-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to dig up a 3+ year old thread?

You haven't proven a darn thing, but if you want to feel smug about yourself far be it from me to stop you. This thread was over three years ago, the only reason to bump it now is to start a fight.
    The players always want to feel smug and act like they know better because they think their personal feelings matter. Classic "ThEy DoNt PlAy ThE gAmE" trope. As if the poster has any experience that matters pertaining to the subject they are bemoaning.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4