Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Not long ago we were begging for Square to keep FFXI running, now people are demanding a massively costly engine overhaul?

Just be glad the game is running and getting support please.
    Speak for yourself, I wish for FFXI to outlive 14 and I am glad the game is running and getting support, but that does not mean that I dont want an overhaul and in no way it should cost millions.
    (6)
    OWellowell /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    Speak for yourself, I wish for FFXI to outlive 14 and I am glad the game is running and getting support, but that does not mean that I dont want an overhaul and in no way it should cost millions.
    Overhauling this game would just create another Final Fantasy 14, one which most of us could care less to be apart of. Flashy graphics and effects, high resolution textures and voice-overs, and no doubt the introduction of micro-transactions because it's what they do.
    No thanks, and don't forget some form of Duty match system because eye candy won't cut in an overhaul, people will NEVER stop complaining.

Not to mention they would probably require you to make characters from scratch with no importing of old character data.
    (3)

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That aint true, improving graphics does in no way change battles mecanism and as far as micro-transactions goes, well too bad it already exist with wardrobe 3 and 4. For sure I want to keep characters data, but let me say that for the low specs computers argument, nothing prevent an overhaul from keeping the current state as an option for whoever cannot afford to update/upgrade as in like what xiv did with directx9 to 11 althought 9 was partly discountinued. You are adding way too much to the basic concept of enhancing graphics and fixing a couple bugs like animation lock for an example.
    (3)
    Last edited by Ruf; 09-26-2020 at 01:40 AM.
    OWellowell /signed

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Computers already allow enhancing visuals on the game and that is simply done by just increasing resolution and doing a tweak or two with base game settings. I have 0 interest in mobile ffxi if the gameplay is to change and if the players are not going to be able to retain their characters datas but yes, this game can be overhauled for 5dollars already.
    (0)
    OWellowell /signed

5. 08-04-2020 05:56 AM

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    Pretty much.....If it cost millions....Might wanna take those millions to make another game.....Just a thought.......Not to say updates are super cheap by any means. But the Mon system was a prime example of a cheap update because they just re-used a bunch of crap. I am certain this update will also rehash some things lol.

I agree, FFXI is a gem. It was proclaimed the most profitable FF title ever. Although XIV could have/may have caught it by now? WoW made a living prolonging its' old gem, no reason FF could not spice things up a bit. If it cost millions, and millions...........I mean, it cost millions to make a mmo so.......XI-2 lol?

If you have a fairly profitable mmo on your hands, with reoccurring player support....I see no reason why it could not be improved within the scope of the budget. Now, if it is not profitable, understandable to not even have very many updates at all beyond some maintenance work.
    (4)

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!!
    (1)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    New story is good and thanks for this.
    Too bad we need first to complète all the mains stories first.

I would prefer UI changes first. to make windower worthless
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    New story is good and thanks for this.
    The requirements are all expansions installed and Rhapsodies completed. I don't think completing Rhapsodies is too high of an ask since if you haven't finished the story they released years ago why would you be jumping into new storyline anyways? New players have plenty of content to work through, but people who have been around for a long time will have already finished the old content and are the people who will benefit most from new storylines.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    Why is that bad? It's part of the game and it's background story line.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is EXCITING! Thank you for this brand new story. I SOOOO look forward to it! This combined with FFXIV's update on Aug. 11th... gonna be busy in the worlds of FFXI and FFXIV. See you in game!
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast