Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Adjustments to Dragoon(Mostly Wyvern)

Okay new rant. I know it's already been stated in previous threads that wyvern breath attacks are done at no additional cost to the drg that's why SE has no plans to update, but I just had to throw some ideas their way.
    • Make Deep Breathing a Job ability with duration rather than an instant move. 5 minute recast 5 minute duration.
    • This will increase wyvern breath potency / magic accuracy for a short duration which will give drg more usage of the wyvern.
    • Add the pet ability of Removal breath alongside restoring / smiting breathe. Wyvern already can do this, just only with defensive wyvern for WS which is non-viable, completely unreliable as is, hardly a good enough perk for drg to sub a mage job.
    • While under the effects of Deep Breathing, whenver a Dragoon performs any jump that isn't Super Jump, wyvern should have new additional breathe attacks that consume small bits of tp(300-400) Fire-Blow, Wind-Blow, etc. Yes, I said it, CONSUME wyvern tp. Attacks that deal 3-4 times the amount of dmg a normal wyvern attack would do. Only under the effect of Deep Breathing.
    • Also under the effect of Deep breathing, make smiting / restoring / status - ailement breathe CONAL damage, hit multiple targets/party members. Just the JA ability that the player has to intentionally use in case of concern of hitting mobs you didn't want to engage.
    • Increase wyvern ability to gain enmity, add an ability like fire-spit, ice-spit, wind-spit, etc. That will make mobs look at the wyvern for maybe 4-10 seconds, just long enough to be a useful distraction. Make it a 1 minute recast time, Not game braking, add ways to use the wyvern even if temporarily.
    [LIST][*]Offensive, Multi-purpose, and defensive wyvern needs a make over. Add reasons to want to use a multi-purpose and defensive wyvern, could start with the drg buffs given when wyvern levels up. Give traits of regen, refresh, or regain to wyvern and dragoon while strafing. (Literally just moving around the mob while engaged so the player at least acts out the 'mobility' as intended.)
    • OFFENSIVE WYVERN
      Give quadruple / triple attack to offensive wyvern. Possibly add a FLYING RAM ability to stun or take wipe enmity for a party member and place it on the wyvern. Make it only available to offensive wyvern type.
    • MULTI-PURPOSE WYVERN
      Give a multi-purpose breathe that gives like 100-200 hp/mp/tp(Yes I said it.) conal AoE to all party members when their hp/mp/tp falls below 30% after drg casts a spell. Make it only for multi-purpose wyvern, it's a combination NO ONE uses because offensive offers better benefits. These are legit ways to add drg job combo viability besides /SAM and /WAR.
    • DEFENSIVE WYVERN
      Give a curative/phalanx granting, and status removing breathe, (ALL IN ONE)and just call it defensive breathe just for defensive wyvern. Could also give a en-spike spell of each element similar to breathe.

Increase Jump range of all jump attacks, increase range in which drg can perform spirit link and spirit bond, also the range in which to give wyvern commands.

If drg subs bst, smn, or pup for whatever reason, if the job ability doesn't require them to have a specific item or do an ability the wyvern doesn't have. DRG should be able to use those pet commands, DRG/BST FOR EXAMPLE: Fight, Heel, Stay, Sic, Ready, Leave, Snarl should all be something a wyvern can be told to do. Add wyvern pet bonuses to the polearms, staves, shields, grips, bucklers DRG should not be lapping its wyvern that badly.

Unlike other pet jobs, Wyvern is alive, it should feel ALIVE, and as such, certain things it should do for itself, giving wyvern simple UPKEEP abilities would be amazing, be able to sharpen its claws, clean its teeth, lick its own hide clean, those are things the wyvern should do as passive animations. Giving itself blaze spikes, a minor increase to slashing dmg before the start of a fight isn't game breaking.
    • Hell give an ability like "Groom" in which the wyvern increases the duration of any self enhancement buffs on itself. Would definitely go nicely with spirit link. Allow DRG and even party members to see what active enhancements are on a pet job. This is a lot of stuff, but that's the problem with this job, a lot of corners were cut on its growth.

And if you're not going to increase all job classes base HP by 30% minimum, rework healing breathe proc. Increase it's hp threshold activation rate, to around 60% without the armet, possibly under deep breathing, or add job traits over time to do so, starting at around 50 going up, maybe 2-4 tiers of it.
    • Add a dispel wing like the mob type wyverns have, give it a lot of enmity, make it Conal dmg, give wyvern conal dmg, it always should've had conal dmg to accompany drg linear attacks.
    • Also make double thrust, penta thrust Linear as well...any thrust attack done by drg should be linear like sonic thrust.

If you will not make call wyvern recast less than 20 minutes, can I at least suggest adding a job ability like "Loyalty recast 5 minutes, duration: instant" that will substract time from call wyvern by using every non 1 hour job ability drg hasn't used to its max duration." etc:

*Uses Call Wyvern* *Uses Loyalty* -Jump -1:00, high jump -1:30, spirit jump -1:00, soul jump -2:00, ancient circle -5:00, spirit link -1:30, spirit bond -1:00, dragon breaker -5:00, angon -3:00. Call Wyvern Recast now set to 0:00

Resulting in the Call Wyvern recast being refreshed to reuse, and all job abilities used with the exception of the last job ability substracted (Angon) which will be at a 2:00 minute timer instead of 3. Cause losing your wyvern is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a drg, we understand the importance of keeping it alive, give us options and the ability to make sure the most important centerfold of our job is protected.

Thank you
    (2)
    Last edited by Dreus; 08-26-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Honestly all these ideas sound awesome. Personally for offensive wyvern I would like something that made wyvern breath damage worth it after ws. Like if it scaled with your ws to make it feel like its worth the wyvern. Maybe 25% of the ws damage gets dealt as breath damage. That would make keeping the wyvern alive feel alot more rewarding.
    (1)

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Thought on this more. If they make the wyvern more useful then they will need to adjust the one hour spirit surge to accommodate the loss of the wyvern. Since using spirit surge is already hard to justify at this current time unless your wyverns about to die or something.
    (1)

Character
    Lordofsinsspawn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think they need to add quests to age or evolve our wyverns to a better form and ilvls on par with the Drg.
    (2)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I am totally for increased wyvern levels through side quests. I'm for those abilities being earned but only accessed after one or two spirit links to see our wyvern get stronger, faster, and smarter in real time every time we summon them. I know some people want it to stay the same, but I think engaging mechanisms are a good thing.
    (0)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I was just talking about scholar in another thread, Pteroslaver Mail +1 it 'adds support abilities to wyvern' but I never noticed those abilities getting added. Things like magic attack bonus don't do anything for wyvern, I've done quite a bit of testing, every time I try to increase wyvern breathe attack dmg it won't with mgc atk bonus equip for pet. Any pet gear has much of an effect, I've bought FULL bst master sets that would have a normal bst pet going nuts. But on a drg, the wyvern isn't effected. I don't think they intended to do this? If we wanted the option of capping out our wyvern instead of the player we should have that option.
    (0)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Also I wanted to mention that klimaform does not get absorbed by wyvern via spirit link, or weather effects. It'd be nice if they did so we could increase wyvern breathe attacks.
    (0)