Player

Blood pact damage being blocked in newer content

I have noticed in every new content that has been released starting with the Cait sith High tier battle fields if a summoner or summoner's use a blood pact with out waiting 10 seconds even if its from another summoner then the damage gets reduced 90% also multihit blood pacts seem to be effected by this as only the 1st hit does full damage then the rest are reduced by 90% also when using AoE only the intial target takes full damage and everything else around it takes 90% less damage effectively depriving the summoner of astral conduit and even apogee and makes like 6 avatars blood pacts useless cuz they are multihit. This isnt really fair as no other job is being effected by this, the equivalent should be all weapon skill should share this mechanic where as if 1 weapon skill goes off the next weaponskill's damage should be reduced by 90% for all jobs as well to make it even. Anyways i see this as a recurring pattern for summoner and am worried that this will be the case in any new content from here on out solely effecting summoner alone. This isnt a good answer for astral condit being over powered as it basically makes it so you cant even play the job normally when you arent using it and puppet master beast master war can all spam thier moves just like summoner but with out a nerf. Please find another way to go about balancing this without making the job limited to only using spinning dive or mountain buster or magical blood pacts once every 10 seconds even if it isnt thier blood pact.

P.S. Please don't do this to summoner for everything from here on out
    (5)
    Last edited by Jdove; 07-16-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What started the whole thing was Dynamis Divergence on NMs with the mechanic of repeating the same Weapon skills and Bloodpacts losing effectiveness every time without shifting to a different weapon skill. As you said, we then have Cait Sith / Odin / Alexander being subject to this mechanic. On the other hand we have Odyssey's AoE damage reduction against non-primary targets. I could understand why they would make this sort of design by encouraging having multiple different jobs or weapon types with many players but still find it bad in design with the above mechanics in general
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean, if there was an actual reason to use a variety of BPs on the same target other than this kind of mechanic, I would happily do it. But generally, for any given monster and any given avatar, one of their attacks will simply do better than the others. You're darned if you do, darned if you dont...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, if there was an actual reason to use a variety of BPs on the same target other than this kind of mechanic, I would happily do it. But generally, for any given monster and any given avatar, one of their attacks will simply do better than the others. You're darned if you do, darned if you dont...
    It's not a matter of using different damage types, the issue is if you use any blood pact and dont wait 10 seconds the next one's damage is nerfed 90% whether it is from the same summoner or another smn it dont matter 2 smn's have to wait 10 seconds if the other smn did a blood pact 1st, also mulithit blood pacts are effected the 1st hit does full damage any hit after does 90% less damage (it's silly to be polite) this not only effects astral conduit but apogee and how smn can function in general even outside of conduit this is gonna be the way it is for summoner from here on out and they didnt even do anything account for this smn buffs are pretty useless most the time. It's sad that the devs will never read this because im not japanese and the topic is in english. I have decided to just quit the game until the developers learn how to balance something with out completely breaking it. They might as well just delete smn completely at this point if this is how they are going to continue to treat it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What I dont understand is why SE didn't have a problem with pet spam for like 15 years and now it's suddenly taboo.

You can't just totally upend something after so long and not expect people to be upset about it- especially when it works as normal in the open world. SMN's gone the way of status effects on bosses. You just can't use em unless it's explicitly a mechanic for the fight.
    (2)