Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Considering the storage expansion will more than likely be a paid feature it would be a nice olive branch if they unlock storage 3 and introduce storage 5 and 6 premium storage. Lets them build up a little good will and still let their higher ups get a slice of that pie by increasing the cost of storage a month by 3 slots rather than just 2. Though all that depends on how easily they were able to implement the new storage. Worst case scenario is that they leave everything locked and toot their own horn saying how they were able to increase storage space. Doesn't do a whole lot of good by asking for more money in a nearly 20 year old game that gets life support tier updates. The new story does sound interesting, though they said it's not a mission sized story I wonder if it's going to be a mini expansion they charge for similar to EQ2's Darkpaw Saga or A Shantotto Ascension. Those might be worth paying for if they lock the updated story content AND the increased storage and other small perks behind the mini expansion, it would make the player feel like they are getting a sizable expansion for a game like this.
    (4)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank you for news on extra storage and the new scenario!
    Still hoping Odyssey can be opened to groups larger than 6 as an option so no one is left out!
    (3)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 07-09-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    More Storage but only as a paid feature...wtf.

Its not about how many slots we have but how these items are being handled in game.
    Just turn stuff like beastmen seals, crystals, copper, silver ventures and other none tradeable currency into direct points.
    Toss out all those warp/teleport rings and give everyone access to a teleport and warp spell. There I just opened up like... 10 slots.
    Can add new teleport spells by trading in the rings. Like Teleport-Oldrum, Teleport-Tavna, Teleort to leader/Nexus Cape etc.
    Give like.. a 2hr ability that gives an exp buff and toss out all those exp rings. More inventory.
    Make a monster transform command macros. Being able to get the macro by trading in belts and other transform equipment. There even more inventory.

Rethink the Emprox Ring buff. There extra slot.

Also hearing people that do use the extra wardrobes have increased loading times when they open inventory.
    I agree with this.
    (2)
    OWellowell /signed

Player
    Can we just get an official confirmation on the exact number of items that the current inventory system is hardcoded to handle? I believe it was discussed some time ago on the JP side of the forums, but I don't remember ever seeing the inventory system limitations explained over here. My suspicion is that the limit is ~1024, which would preclude the addition of any more (80slot) bags to what we have access to now (12x 80 = 960, so adding a new bag would bump up past the magic binary number to 1,040.) I would be ecstatic if we were to get a well-crafted and detailed breakdown, but will settle for the simple value.

Just in case you are thinking of doing something with Mog Garden... please don't. Unless you are able to adress the extreme loading times involved beforehand, it really won't make most of us happy to get more storage if it takes several minutes at a time to simply be able to view the contents...
    Are you willing to accept/request suggestions on feasible solutions from the players on this systemic issue, or possibly others too?
    Just in case you are open to ideas, I'd like to suggest an item registration system that consumes items and registers them in a menu instead. This could be made to work for the likes of Furnishings and possibly even purely cosmetic equipment intended for lockstyle (if you can figure out how to allow equipment to be selectable from this menu for equipsets.) It would reduce the need to track actual items to mere flags for menu options, which seems like it could make a not insignificant impact on player storage space.

I'm not happy about the addition of a new (global?) chat channel specifically for new players. It feels like a very odd allocation of limited dev resources when even the current new player support systems do not see much use. No one uses the Mentor system, the level sync system is unable to handle ilvl equipment and scales them below level appropriate stats, you just nerfed the ability to spend sparks/accolades to build up funds and slow acquisition of R/EX equipment/items from them, etc. I also am compelled to ask, if it's possible to add an entire new chat channel, what is preventing the increase in the online linkshell membership cap? There'd be absolutely no need for a newbie channel if you raised the linkshell membership cap to say.. 1,024 so I could just run around and recruit every single new player who logs into Asura into FaceDesk. Helping new/returnee players get into the swing of things is actually the core mission of my linkshell, and the only thing holding us back from recruiting everyone we can find IS the existing membership cap...
    I know that 1,024 is likely a pipedream due to "PS2 Limitations"™, but I bet you could bump the cap up to at least 128/256. Please?
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Yes, that's what I do without ruining the players' experience like the apex camps.

Shh, no one has to know my secrets.

Anyways, I think all apex camps should be instanced in my opinion. I will see what the dev team can do.
    I wish SE would expand Sih/Moh/Doh/Woh Gates zones to a third and fourth map. (They added the second maps late in SoA life, so why not just make them grow. Honestly, each Gates zone could be like Delkfutt's tower with 12 floors, lol, but I do believe we need more high level areas). 95% of Asura at any given time is 99+.

Also SE, how is Beastmaster coming along?
    (4)

Character
    Gylbert
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 27
    Thank you for your work on the game! as a new player im enjoying it very very much the new features look great,although i would very much like to see rmt and bots get done something about it other than that keep up the good work!
    (2)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Yes, that's what I do without ruining the players' experience like the apex camps.

Shh, no one has to know my secrets.

Anyways, I think all apex camps should be instanced in my opinion. I will see what the dev team can do.
    That is a pretty interesting idea.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Unpopular opinion but I don't agree with more paid storage. I'm tired of hearing if we throw more money at them, we'll get a new expansion. It's been a counterargument for awhile that hasn't happened. They specifically said the only reason the game didn't stop at Rhapsodies was returning player sub fees. Not because a bunch of people bought Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4. It's exploitative because they know inventory continues to be one of the primary requests of the game and it continues to come at a premium.

It doesn't meant I don't think they shouldn't monetize, I just think they should stick to having a cash shop for cosmetics or merchandise. They also said they were going to make less need for storage after adding Mog 3 & 4 and that hasn't happened. At most all we got is more same account delivery. Which also is just paid storage. You could just not buy it isn't a valid counterargument when it's been one of the primary requests for the game to deal with and especially when you have systems like the ambuscade cape system where a lot could be resolved with an all jobs cape.

If it's a 1 time purchase, maybe
    (2)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Regarding the potential "Inventory expansion" I have a suggestion:
    Tie it to the Moogle Storage Slips.
    1: add new npc you can trade certain slips to (start w/ reforge artifact / relic / empyrean slips and expand the list over time)*
    2: once a slip has been traded to the npc, it is gone from your inventory and in its place is a key item and an unmovable wardrobe (5 ~ 8)
    3: if you need to do an upgrade, speak with the npc to have him return a specific storage slip.

* in theory any character will only have a single piece of each reforged artifact / relic / empyrean item, so that can all go in wardrobe 5. that's 15 accessible slots on any job, leaving 65 free to go. (slips: 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27) equipment you cannot wear on the current job won't be displayed as the means of keeping the UI from getting overfilled. In practice, to ensure there are never any duplicates, put in a rule to only display the highest quality version of any given item.
    * now for those 65 extra slots: Ambuscade weapons & armor (slips: 23, 28) are a start, that's 12 armor, 11 cosmetic items & ... warrior has access to nearly every weapon!? 2H weapons only highest tier displayed, 1H weapons, 2 highest tiers displayed... max 12 i think. We're still left with 30 extra slots can leave those open for a future slip or add slip 14 (nyzul99, einherjar99, salvage99, DomainInvasion) for some 25~ additional items.

Later can release another 3 wardrobes using the same system for cosmetic items: (slips: 11, 19, 22) either for free or maybe 1$/month.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 07-10-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Paladin Adjustments

I appreciate that you continue to listen to feedback and make adjustments for Paladin.

The main issue with Paladin is direct competition with Rune Fencer when it comes to high content level play. I understand not wanting to make Paladin too similar to Rune Fencer. However, I feel that Paladin is at a disadvantage in comparison.

It's important to compare them because it decides if a seasoned group prefers a Paladin over a Rune Fencer which leans too heavily in Rune Fencer's favor. Below are some issues I feel Paladin still has as a tank.

Enmity generation during frequent Enmity reset.
    Hate reset is a fairly commonly used mechanic. When used often it is a nightmare for Paladin to keep hate without being very well geared, needing party members to help shed enmity and using Blue Mage support for enmity. Rune Fencer does not have this restriction due to Foil's low recast and large amount of job abilities that have considerable enmity. While also still having access to Blue Mage for support.

Enmity generation for multiple monsters.
    Banishga deals damage which wakes monsters and it only tags them so you can build enmity. Enmity from cures is split between all monsters on enmity list so it's not a very viable method of hold attention well. Which also requires your healer to not be healing party damage which can be dangerous. It's a lot of steps to make Paladin do something that Rune Fencer does easily.

Reprisal
    Increase enmity similar or higher than Foil. Foil generates cumulative enmity while Reprisal doesn't and Foil can be used 4 times more often. Please remove damage dealt cap to prematurely wear off Reprisal. I don't think the damage is high at all, even with Priwen to require it to wear off early.

Flashga?
    Instead of messing with Reprisal's duration/recast to match Foil frequency, could it be possible to let Paladin area affect Flash through Majesty or maybe even Divine Emblem?

Atonement and Skillchains
    Because Atonement has such low damage, it's generally not preferred to be used when players are trying to use skillchains for damage. Which removes another way of Paladin to generate enmity. But it also is the only Fusion property skill not tied to a weapon. I would suggest Atonement change to No Property. Swift Blade change from Gravitation to Fusion for players who don't want to lose Fusion access on all swords. Requiescat can still give access to Gravitation.

MP Management
    Rune Fencer has Refresh and Vivacious Pulse to restore MP quickly while also being generally more resistant to Aspir. Paladin only has Chivalry which requires TP and only every 10 minutes.
    (4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast