Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Capping Subcrafts to Craftsman Rank during Escutcheon quest

I am currently working on an Escutcheon shield and am on phase 3.

I would like to purchase some of the aprons from other guilds for my sub crafts, which require you to rank up to Artisan. As long as you are Artisan, you risk leveling up your sub craft above level 70 and deleveling your main craft below 110. Under normal circumstances, this is not a problem because you can speak with your guild master to rank back down to Craftsman and cap your skill at 70.

It is my understanding that your guild master will not allow you to do this once you have started an escutcheon. This was at least the case 3 years ago when working on shield phases 1-3. Source: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51054/cannot-delevel-back-to-craftsman-please-help

It seems the only way around this was to quit your escutcheon quest and potentially drop your shield. Has this changed now that phase 4 is available or is there now any way around this? I do not want to gamble this myself and risk unlocking a sub and deleveling my craft with no way to recap it, and I don’t want my work on my shield to go to waste. This seems like a harsh restriction for anyone who has already started a shield. This would also be a huge problem for someone who did not cap their subcraft before beginning the quest.

I have no plans to complete the stage 4 shield and just want to finish the stage 3. I guess another option would be if I can speak to Mewk Chorosap and relinquish the quest without having to drop the shield?
    (1)

Player
    I had no problems changing crafts to level a subcraft to 75 with a stage 3 shield and didn't lose any progress doing so.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Were you able to recap that craft back to 70 with Craftsman rank?

Uncapping the sub isn’t the problem it’s recapping it.
    (0)

Player
    How do you recap a craft from 75 to 70? If you mean will it go back to 70 then it happened with no issue.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Normally if you have more than one craft above Craftsman rank you can speak with your guild master to cap your rank back to Craftsman. You get the message in the above picture. This lets you craft without potentially deleveling your main craft because it will be capped at 70.

Allegedly, you won’t receive the above option if you have started an escutcheon. I was wondering if this was still the case or if there is any way around it. I’m not sure which guild master you speak with, either your 110 craft or your uncapped 70 craft.
    (0)

Player
    see my first response. I had zero issues uncapping a subcraft to level to 75 while making a shield and did not lose any shield progress while doing so. After I was done with it at 75 then I just went back to my main craft as if nothing had happened and that subcraft is now back to 70. You are worried about a non-issue.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    So you can craft on that sub it won’t delevel your main craft?
    (0)

Player
    It will if you're level 110 on main and level a sub to 75. Your main then will go down to 105. Switch craft back to main and re-level to 110 or keep at 105 and switch to some other sub and level to whatever. Just switch back to main craft when done and you can level it back to 110.
    (0)