Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    RMT have completely taken over the server, it's hard to find a legit /yell now
    (4)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    RMT have completely taken over the server, it's hard to find a legit /yell now
    Blacklisting them just isn't an option because there are just too many (my list is full, and has been for months).

There are scattered content yells, probably 5% (I think I worked it out once). The rest are mercs and RMT.

Despite the numbers, I don't think Asura is as active as it is made out to be. Your best bet is to find a good active linkshell and turn yell off, as hard as it may be, it seems to be the only option these days.
    Merc culture has ruined the game, and is accepted as the new normal, which is why nothing ever happens anymore.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 07-01-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    They are not RMT.

Whether you like it or not, the top 20-30% of a servers population want and lust after REMA. They make one, then make another and on and on. The cost of a REMA is 300-400million+ and it's hard to make that kind of money without doing stuff like you see in those yells.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They are not RMT.
    They yell 24/7 and bot in vast numbers. You're telling me they are legit players that are doing it 'because they lust after REMA'???
    (4)

Player
    Yes, anyone can setup a yell bot and anyone can have alts botting. Actual players do that, shocking I know.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Merc culture has ruined the game, and is accepted as the new normal, which is why nothing ever happens anymore.

The problem is very simple. Nobody wants to make groups, they don't want the pressure of making a group. The people who have the gusto to make groups, now merc instead because why not?

As such, most of the server just sits and wait for someone else to make a group and so none get made.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The problem is very simple. Nobody wants to make groups, they don't want the pressure of making a group. The people who have the gusto to make groups, now merc instead because why not?
    Like I said, mercing has ruined the game, and this has been echoed from players from all kinds of different backgrounds (including former mercs and established players).
    Secondly, most mercs are using third party software to control 5 other characters.

It's as simple as that.

If rules weren't being broken, and mechanics manipulated, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

(6)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 07-01-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Blacklisting them just isn't an option because there are just too many (my list is full, and has been for months).

There are scattered content yells, probably 5% (I think I worked it out once). The rest are mercs and RMT.

Despite the numbers, I don't think Asura is as active as it is made out to be. Your best bet is to find a good active linkshell and turn yell off, as hard as it may be, it seems to be the only option these days.
    The smaller servers have been a better choice for a while. More of the people on them are actual players, as a percentage. And there is less RMT. Most people being on one server is great for RMT becuase they don't have to maintain inventory on a bunch of servers, they can just do everything on one and with plenty of supply and cheap prices, they get tones of sales.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They are not RMT.

Whether you like it or not, the top 20-30% of a servers population want and lust after REMA. They make one, then make another and on and on. The cost of a REMA is 300-400million+ and it's hard to make that kind of money without doing stuff like you see in those yells.
    I grinded dynamis and Gain EXP to get most of mine. You don't need mercs to make gil, or at least you didn't before they capped sparks....
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast