Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS HAS TO END

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I grinded dynamis and Gain EXP to get most of mine. You don't need mercs to make gil, or at least you didn't before they capped sparks....
    An average REMA is 300-500 million gil to upgrade to max, that's a whole lot of grinding. Many people who make more than one cannot put up with that amount of grinding more than once or twice and so look for faster ways.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The smaller servers have been a better choice for a while. More of the people on them are actual players, as a percentage. And there is less RMT. Most people being on one server is great for RMT becuase they don't have to maintain inventory on a bunch of servers, they can just do everything on one and with plenty of supply and cheap prices, they get tones of sales.
    Yes, providing they can find and join an active linkshell where players are engaged in content. The problem is that those linkshells probably have their own set static groups doing content together for years, and are less likely to let a new face into that clique. It can take a significant amount of trust buildup and getting to know said person before that happens.

But yes, if people do manage to (1) Find an active linkshell and (2) Get in with the clique, then they (in my opinion) will get to enjoy this game in the best possible way - whatever server you are on.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Many people who make more than one cannot put up with that amount of grinding more than once or twice and so look for faster ways.
    It's an MMORPG - It is designed for longevity.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It's an MMORPG - It is designed for longevity.
    So do you walk everywhere and refuse to use fast travel?

Point is that REMA are very expensive and so they find the fastest way to make gil to fund them, it's not all RMT (although some are obviously)
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    So do you walk everywhere and refuse to use fast travel?
    What has getting from point (a) to point (b) got to do with working on REMA?
    Faster travel has always been in the game i.e Outpost warps and chocobos.

Anyway, the point is that a significant amount of JP sellers are at least one or both of the following:
    1. Using automated third party software (to kill monsters and spam the yell system).
    2. RMT.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Yes, providing they can find and join an active linkshell where players are engaged in content. The problem is that those linkshells probably have their own set static groups doing content together for years, and are less likely to let a new face into that clique. It can take a significant amount of trust buildup and getting to know said person before that happens.

But yes, if people do manage to (1) Find an active linkshell and (2) Get in with the clique, then they (in my opinion) will get to enjoy this game in the best possible way - whatever server you are on.
    I had one linkshell already despite my own inactivity, and when i pinged a friend to do recruit people for a PvP stream after I set up an Player Event Support event and no one showed up (I do FFXIV pvp streaming and i wanted to show my viewers the old school pvp), suddenly their entire linkshell was in on it and bam, i had another one. reach out to people, use the concierges, /yells, it really isn't that hard to find an LS

As far as the grinding. I did nearly all of it myself (some friends did give me currency loans to finish sooner but I did repay them ). Yeah, it took a while, but it isn't really that bad these days since old dynamis doesn't have a reentry limit anymore you can grind out currency as long as you want. You can also get a pretty decent amount from ambuscade which everyone is doing anyway, and gain EXP used to be a couple million gil three times a week.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The point of the grinding is to prolong the games life artifically. It's sad but what else can they do when they refuse to expend resources for this game :/. The only reason you see people with so many now is because literally more than 70% of the population plays more than one character which exponentially increases all their gains for each character they have. SE set up all their events and reward systems so that it benefits people who multi-box characters.
    (3)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The smaller servers have been a better choice for a while. More of the people on them are actual players, as a percentage. And there is less RMT. Most people being on one server is great for RMT becuase they don't have to maintain inventory on a bunch of servers, they can just do everything on one and with plenty of supply and cheap prices, they get tones of sales.
    I hate RMT more then you know.

but its easy do what vets like me would of done in the 75 days and earlyer find a way to do what you want legit then be come the model for your server on how to do it the right way and be the servers go 2 player to help others.

remember ffxi at its core is help and be a team player.

so like i said be the force for good it wont be easy but work it how it works best for the health of your players and your server
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawar View Post

but its easy do what vets like me would of done in the 75 days and earlyer find a way to do what you want legit then be come the model for your server on how to do it the right way and be the servers go 2 player to help others.

so like i said be the force for good it wont be easy but work it how it works best for the health of your players and your server
    I agree with what you are saying, but the modern generation (on Asura anyway) no longer think like that.
    If somebody asks for help on Asura, they get asked how much gil are they willing to pay for it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawar View Post

I do. People helped me when I came in so if there's something I can do to make someone else's experience better I do.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast