Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS HAS TO END

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, but the modern generation (on Asura anyway) no longer think like that.
    If somebody asks for help on Asura, they get asked how much gil are they willing to pay for it.
    This isn't true, unless you're asking for help with something that is a lot of effort.

I've asked for help and got it, I've seen others ask for help and got it, ive helped others who asked.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This isn't true, unless you're asking for help with something that is a lot of effort.
    Can you give me an example of 'what is a lot of effort'?
    It was only yesterday that someone was asking for a few chapter 1's and ended up having to offer 2 million because nobody would help - then alas, when he did, someone came right out of the woodwork and took up their /yell.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 07-06-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It was only yesterday that someone was asking for a few chapter 1's and ended up having to offer 2 million because nobody would help - then alas, when he did, someone came right out of the woodwork and took up their /yell.
    Sure. Leaving your mog house to help someone. The bare minimum effort to help another unfamiliar person, will cost you gil on Asura.

Edit: I'd like to point out that FFXI content in recent years has SOME OF THE WORST incentives to group together or actually de-incentives people to form groups or do content repeatedly. (Omen especially and Dyna-D sometimes when folks can't agree on Waves or to farm Volte pieces).
    (3)

Player
    First off, you don't know if they got help for free or it was paid. I've offered help with things for free when someone offered gil to help, so do many others. Secondly, why didn't you help? Do these help rules only apply to others and not you? "oh this person was shouting for ages and NOBODY helped at all, I was standing there watching for an hour and nobody helped"

Anyway, if someone wants help with chapters they should ask for help to clear a specific BCNM once or twice, if they make it seem like it could go on for ages people won't help. People like to have an idea how long something will take, they don't want to get stuck helping someone for ages they will get nothing from if that might need 8 chapters. The problem is, there are people who will take advantage of the good nature of others too, I've had this.

Things that people will help with (that I've seen people help with this week, or had help, or helped), a mission clear like rhaps final mission, a ambuscade clear for oboro, a piece of gear from a fairly easy NM like something from zitah, 3 mage gate, help with an assault mission, a quick bcnm clear, an AF NM kill.

If you want help, it should be a specific thing that isn't likely to take ages. If you say "I need 2 chapters, can someone help me clear the BCNM on Easy or N" then you are more likely to get help from someone that's bored than saying "I need some chapter 1s plz help"

Things that people are not going to help with, something that is boring, something that takes 30 minutes or more, something that needs more than 1 or 2 people and requires making a group, killing something with a drop you can sell for a lot, a UNM NM kill when you don't say "I need 2-3 kills", cause this could go on for ages or "I need a PL from 40-70, HELP ME PLZ"

It is common sense that if you're asking people to help you, it's going to take longer than if you offer gil. Why are you surprised by this? If you shout for help twice and then offer 2m you're going to get help right away. You're giving them something for their time and not asking someone to help you for no benefit.

I help people quite often, they even offer gil at the end when I didn't ask for it and didn't want it. The problem is everyone says nobody helps unless you give gil, and when someone gives you help for free they throw money at them anyway. Which is training everyone that they should take it and stop helping for free, people are also impatient. If you want free help, maybe you will have to shout for 30-60 mins, the world doesn't exist for your benefit.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    First off, you don't know if they got help for free or it was paid. I've offered help with things for free when someone offered gil to help, so do many others. Secondly, why didn't you help? Do these help rules only apply to others and not you?
    Maybe... Just Maybe... because I wasn't at my computer and doing something else elsewhere (i.e working), while standing in town with the "shout" screen open.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Sure. Leaving your mog house to help someone. The bare minimum effort to help another unfamiliar person, will cost you gil on Asura.
    Exactly that.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes, very difficult to find legit players you want to play with depending on your schedule. It seems more and more players have filtered out or don't pay attention to /yell. They are all for linkshells.

You gotta try Reddit if search for one in /yell doesn't work.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Yes, very difficult to find legit players you want to play with depending on your schedule. It seems more and more players have filtered out or don't pay attention to /yell. They are all for linkshells.

You gotta try Reddit if search for one in /yell doesn't work.
    Yes, I have yell turned off now for 90% of the time. I turn it on occasionally to see what is happening, and then realise nothing has changed, and it is equally as depressing and annoying as before.
    I tend to focus on my Linkshell now, which is active at 7PM my time. Daytime GMT seems completely dead now, with JP sellers and mercs dominating the entire yell, so yeah, it's pointless having it on.

I kind of wish that SE would add a /safelist option (seeing as the blist is pretty much useless now - capped at 100), that way I can filter though and safe list actual players who are known for creating groups for people to join.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 07-07-2020 at 02:49 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Despite the numbers, I don't think Asura is as active as it is made out to be.
    I guess it depends on your definition. Looking from the outside, Asura sure seems pretty damn active to me when I look at your AH situation vs my server. It's a pretty incredible difference. Things here that doesn't appear on AH for days and weeks appear there daily and are the norm. I have to admit, that's pretty tempting to make the jump. But I could never deal with the congestion you guys do. There is just no way. I like being able to do everything I want anytime I want. But it sure would be nice if things were bought and sold as often as they used to be.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Ahbon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

No Buying = No selling

It's many Gil buyers players don't wana join group yell doing things ... They have money so they going after RMT for easily gears up for just AFK . i am from Asura too i shout for many but nowsaday its getting harder to get players into line . Instead of yelling i form my Zens ls and do things with my ls members it's better and more progressives .
    (0)
    Last edited by genghis; 07-10-2020 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Add more information

You can leave /Yell off and just check FFXIAH (You can view any World's /Yell) for the latest shouts, if you really want to see. I only check the website if I'm looking to sell Orbs.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast