Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: THIS HAS TO END

Character
    Splendid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I read through this entire thread, and I agree. This has to stop. I remember this time last year still seeing real people actually shout for stuff, but now it’s just blocks of bot text selling stuff to each other. I understand that lower population servers don’t have as much of this going on—as openly, but make no mistake, they are there farming endlessly without a real person at the wheel. I don’t want to leave Asura because I’ve been here for four years and there’s a lot of people here I still enjoy playing with. I don’t know what happened between the beginning of the year and now but Asura is way over capacity even though the bulk of the characters online are bots and multiple account holders. I can’t even get into Nyzul to do one casual run today because a literal horde is down there with their legions of multiple accounts spamming the entrance to get in.
    (3)

Player
    Goto Dho Gates and see the ARMY of people AFK who have bought Job Points from these botters, it's maddening that the developers have not addressed this.

At a bare minimum they should accept that the current system to obtain job points is broken, it is too difficult and time consuming and so everyone is just bypassing it and buying them to cap in days instead. Not only are they negating the content that is supposed to keep people playing and doing content, you are making it impossible for legit players who want to farm their own job points to get any because the botters kill so fast there aren't any for anyone else.

The options on Asura:
    Buy job points:
    Find some camp that isn't very good to farm your job points:
    Don't get any job points:

I used to be able to farm job points myself, now there aren't any monsters to kill to get them in the best camps because the botters are there 24/7.

Developers, please goto Dho Gates on Asura and see the state of it. How long are you going to leave this? Just send a GM there at the very least to scare them a bit?

They shout constantly to sell, spamming /yell and the camps are full of bots and buyers. Most of these bots seem to be bought accounts that they use to make gil to sell, they all use the same exact strategy of Jinpu sam with mega buffs.

Some ideas to fix it:

Send a GM there to scare them.
    Stop Apex monsters giving CP outside of a party, no alliance CP and just party only (this will be an easy fix for most of this, since the ability to fill an alliance is the main problem)

It's really disgusting how many are there now, armies. You addressed the RMT selling sparks, now they are all selling job points instead. To highlight how laughable it is getting they are selling 500 job points for 5m, 5m is nothing.

They are destroying the longevity of the game by destroying job points acquisition.
    They are spamming /yell.
    They are taking over CP farm spots to stop others getting any
    They are bots, they are RMT that do this 24/7.
    (6)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-12-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They are destroying the longevity of the game by destroying job points acquisition.
    They are spamming /yell.
    They are taking over CP farm spots to stop others getting any
    They are bots, they are RMT that do this 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    There are scattered content yells, probably 5% (I think I worked it out once). The rest are mercs and RMT.
    They are not RMT.
    So you have changed your mind since that comment?
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I really think it's time for an exodus off Asura. lol

They should do what XIV does and offer free transfers from higher pop servers (Asura) to lower pop servers (everywhere else)
    (4)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with Alhanelem. Also rename Shiva to Shiva (EN) so players don't get confused which server they pick since most of them prefer a server with the most English-speaking players and selling more on the AH.

Asura is my home server since Pandemonium got merged with, so I belong there. Now Asura has 3.5k~ online players... =.= lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I agree with Alhanelem. Also rename Shiva to Shiva (EN) so players don't get confused which server they pick since most of them prefer a server with the most English-speaking players and selling more on the AH.

Asura is my home server since Pandemonium got merged with, so I belong there. Now Asura has 3.5k~ online players... =.= lol
    I'm not sure that, as a percentage of its population, that Shiva has a higher proportion of English players than any other. Not saying it's not possible but it's not something I've noticed.
    (1)

Player
    I've noticed JP players moving to Asura over the past year, there were barely ever any JP shouts or players. Now you see them quite often, it's still dominated by English players but they are coming here.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've noticed JP players moving to Asura over the past year, there were barely ever any JP shouts or players. Now you see them quite often, it's still dominated by English players but they are coming here.
    I bet. They all are like it can't be helped, can it? www

Not that it bothers me anyway. They don't really do /yell spams. Oh, I read someone from Shiva complaining that no one has gil to buy stuff. It's kind of an interesting perspective though.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Now that you mention it, I've noticed more JP players as well.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This could be why the developers decided to create an /assist channel. The problem is how can you able to implement a party finder on an outdated engine FFXI has? Having a party finder could solve everything. Not to mention it could be abused by RMTs and bots.

Yes, just Asura things.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast