Character
    Gilderoth
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Lost Permanent KIs...

I just logged in for the first time in 8 years a few weeks ago... Since logging in I noticed that I lost my Serpent Rumors and Mooching permanent KIs, my fishing signboard is missing from my mog house and Indomitable Spirit is no longer and active quest (I do not have an Ebisu, but the quest was definitely active)... (and those are just the things I've noticed that are missing... don't know if there is anything else).

I don't think I logged in with an older version of my character since I have my Almace, and that was acquired more recently than the fishing items.

I contacted a GM in the game and he/she couldn't help me since this apparently happened outside of the 1 week window where they could do something.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this?
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I know that most websites typically retain data for 7 years for legal reasons (audits and such). It's entirely possible that SE introduced a bug for OLD characters who were at a certain progression with the quest. (The status of many long-standing quests is intermediate data that is stored server side. For example, if I had 15,000 alex into a mythic 8 years ago, I wouldn't expect to have that state still available ...). I know this is just conjecture, but I know a bit about how database data is retained/purged/partitioned for large online properties.

I personally would be just thrilled my account was still active after 8 years. I know folks who lost their accounts after 7 years of not paying for their account. Best of luck, sir.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    well id say your account was compromised but if it was you probably wouldn't have access to it anymore. I've never heard of anything like this, but its true, if you have lost any kind of items, you have to report it when it happens or you're SOL.

I have no idea how you can lose those KIs though.
    (0)

Character
    Gilderoth
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Thanks for the replies :-)

I reported the issues, but they said that they could only do something if it happened in the last week. But, since it happened sometime over my 7 year absence, I'm out of luck.

In the meantime, I've gotten mooching, and serpent rumors back by re-grinding them. I'll worry about my sign later :P
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilderoth View Post
    Thanks for the replies :-)

I reported the issues, but they said that they could only do something if it happened in the last week. But, since it happened sometime over my 7 year absence, I'm out of luck.

In the meantime, I've gotten mooching, and serpent rumors back by re-grinding them. I'll worry about my sign later :P
    I mean for them to be gone now, they'd have to have been gone before you left. they don't just delete stuff off your characters at random.
    (0)