Thread: PUPdates

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

PUPdates

Just a number of things I'm hoping SE will consider looking into going forward.

1. Given the autonomous nature of the puppet, we still are considered Puppet 'Master', would it be so out of place that we could actually command when and what weapon skill is used?

2. Puppetmaster's Collar: Please consider altering the Pet MAB to perhaps MBD. This is a stat which is lacking for automatons and would have far better use here than MAB as we have so many other pieces which add a substantial amount to that stat already. Or, just make it strictly for the master because that stat is terrible.

3. Animator P...August 2016! Speaks for itself, yes? Hell even making it capable of augments (with paths turning it ra/ex) would be beneficial just to modernize this.

4. Big one...can we just do away with the Martial Arts effect on Kenkonken? This stat doesn't support balance, it supports hindrance. Monk will be alright... Due to the lack of abilities for the master, no matter what gear set the player has on, PUP with all the best of gear, is not going to match with the best of melee jobs. In one way or another, the master or automaton will experience a dps loss.

5. Magic Mortar: Please, I'm begging the development team to finally do address this. Or at least explain to players some secret we don't know about it if there is one.

6. Spell casting priority: Apart from the Spiritreaver casting the wrong spell associated with a magic burst (not always, but often), Stormwaker is just not prioritizing spells based on the maneuver used. Ex. starting a fight with a wind maneuver solely active. The automaton will, Protect > Bio > Shell > Nuke > Phalanx > Paralyze > Stoneskin (me) > Nuke > Phalanx..then at some point it will haste me...Talk about slowing a fight down.

I encourage other players of PUP to add their own ideas. Thank you for reading,

Teuphist
    (1)

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Actually, one last thing I'd like to add.
    A quote from a 2015 Dev tracker.
    "Pet Based Rolls on Luzaf (7/25)
    Luzaf is a character that possesses his own style, so we'll look into this, but it might be difficult to have him use pet based rolls. However, we'll be looking into adjusting Qultada so that they use pet based rolls.
    Thanks for the feedback!"

Five years later, I think it's safe to say this never made its say to the idea board.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilian View Post
    Actually, one last thing I'd like to add.
    A quote from a 2015 Dev tracker.
    "Pet Based Rolls on Luzaf (7/25)
    Luzaf is a character that possesses his own style, so we'll look into this, but it might be difficult to have him use pet based rolls. However, we'll be looking into adjusting Qultada so that they use pet based rolls.
    Thanks for the feedback!"

Five years later, I think it's safe to say this never made its say to the idea board.
    Yeah, I was the one who made that request ....but at this point I don't even want it. I would prefer SE finish their vision on BST altogether and include adding rolls at that time for BST/PUP/SMN. Matsui said to Famitsu in May's interview that the next round of job adjustments (after background/system/performance issues) would be "Beastmaster and Knight (PLD?)"

PUP has gotten a LOT of love, including updated attachments over the last 2-3 years.

However, I personally cannot stand the constant radio silence....1 vague, questionable translation post every month often raises more questions about what's next than actually answering them. It's giving me chest pain, honestly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 06-22-2020 at 05:02 AM.

Character
    Darkcloudx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just a number of things I'm hoping SE will consider looking into going forward.

1. Given the autonomous nature of the puppet, we still are considered Puppet 'Master', would it be so out of place that we could actually command when and what weapon skill is used?

3. Animator P...August 2016! Speaks for itself, yes? Hell even making it capable of augments (with paths turning it ra/ex) would be beneficial just to modernize this.

I encourage other players of PUP to add their own ideas. Thank you for reading,

Teuphist
    I feel like the Animator P/+1 should have had automaton combat skill+ added to it to increase the weapon damage value of the autmaton rather than doing it through attachments. Now there's a reliance on using fire maneuvers to increase weapon damage which makes it harder to utilize some of the automatons stronger weapon skills in weaponskill spam situations where the skill chain attachments don't play very well.

As for what the magnipulgs would do if they did this, well changing them to weapon skill damage+% would work and they could just give us to ability change the deciding maneuver for each weapon skill at the automaton workshop :S

As for weaponskills:
    String Shredder: Change current fTP(1.5) to be the same as String Clipper(3.5) Shredder should be an upgrade from Clipper right? Espacially since takes priority over String Clipper and pet critical hits don't work the same way as players (it won't actually increase the damage beyond what's possible with attack alone)

edit: Actually now that im thinking about it 2.66 would make more sense for String Shredder's fTP keeping it consistant with the other three hit weaponskills
    (0)
    Last edited by waithuhwhat; 09-15-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We can. It's just not done through a menu.

You can control which WS with maneuvers. You can control whether it does them to skillchain or as soon as possible. If you need to time it at a specific moment, retrieve as the puppet meets its WS conditions, and deploy and it will do the WS instantly.

5. Magic Mortar: Please, I'm begging the development team to finally do address this. Or at least explain to players some secret we don't know about it if there is one.
    What's not to understand, the damage is based on the pet's missing HP. The closer to 1, the higher the damage. Unless something's changed...?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-03-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What's not to understand, the damage is based on the pet's missing HP. The closer to 1, the higher the damage. Unless something's changed...?
    I've given it plenty of testing about two months ago. What's not to understand about it is why it's trash whether the automaton has 100 HP or 3k HP. The difference in damage is so minimal, you may as well have the automaton at full HP every time. Therefore, the weaponskill needs an update...a change in its mechanics perhaps.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've given it plenty of testing about two months ago. What's not to understand about it is why it's trash whether the automaton has 100 HP or 3k HP. The difference in damage is so minimal, you may as well have the automaton at full HP every time. Therefore, the weaponskill needs an update...a change in its mechanics perhaps.
    It was nerfed into the ground in a patch because it was very exploitable in its original state (long as you could get its HP to 1, it did massive damage in certain circumstances). In other words, it's just a garbage WS now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-11-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Doesn't your understanding of it perfectly explain why I'm asking them to finally address it?
    I'm having trouble seeing as to why we even needed to get into this..we're literally on the same page.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Doesn't your understanding of it perfectly explain why I'm asking them to finally address it?
    I'm having trouble seeing as to why we even needed to get into this..we're literally on the same page.
    I mean, your post said you don't understand how it works. I told you how it works. And the reason it works the way it does is also the reason it's unlikely to be changed.
    (0)

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I quite literally never said I didn't know how it worked. I suggested they explain if there were some secret we didn't know about.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast