Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90

Question about new age Bots and Gil-farmer

So this is pretty straight forward. What these new gil farmer doing to make money now adays?

Because I would like to discuss a means in which that can lower their infulence in the game. If it can be done.
    (1)

Player
    The best thing to do is juts play the game and ignore them.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The best thing to do is juts play the game and ignore them.
    That is kind of difficult when they are dominating a lot of areas (i.e. Apex camps).
    (3)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm going to assume it's back to business with them, camping currencies and other high value items and mercing JP using bots. I'm not sure if they still try to hack accounts but that was a thing a decade ago so i'm not sure if they even try anymore. Though my server only has one guy shouting for their JP mercing service and it's pretty small. I can only imagine how bad that is in Asura. Can't really say too much about Asura though since there are legit players that merc but it is a huge bummer when their bots try to claim something you are currently fighting and run to it's face and stare at it until it disappears after you kill it. Six yalms apart please! ;A;
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    That is kind of difficult when they are dominating a lot of areas (i.e. Apex camps).
    If they still are, they won't be for much longer.

Their customers are lazy and no longer have an easy source of gil, the majority of these apex bots will be gone in the coming months.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Their customers are lazy and no longer have an easy source of gil, the majority of these apex bots will be gone in the coming months.
    I'm not so sure about that. There is a prominent FFXI Youtuber who made a video about CP'ing in FFXI and demonstrated the point about Dho Gates.
    He filmed himself walking through it and explaining/showing the bots on every corner - this was about a year ago, and its got a lot worse since then.

Now they have moved to other gates area. Check out the Crawler camp in MoH Gates - again, every corner has RMT stuck together with around 3 other people who have
    clearly paid for their 'services' just standing there.

It also restricts the space for genuine players (who actually want to play), and end up CP'ing on top of each other, which isn't the best conduct, and therefore can create some toxic situations - and we don't any need more of that on Asura.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-16-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    To use an analogy, if you can't kill the eagle then kill the rabbits it feeds on. Once the rabbits are gone the eagle will starve to death, job point botters are not going to keep botting JP if there is nobody to buy them. They do this to make gil.

Reaction to the changes will take a while due to all the gil people still have on-hand, as it dries up they won't be able to replace it so easily and they will then no longer be able to buy job points. It will take a few months but they will mostly all disappear.
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    To use an analogy, if you can't kill the eagle then kill the rabbits it feeds on. Once the rabbits are gone the eagle will starve to death, job point botters are not going to keep botting JP if there is nobody to buy them. They do this to make gil.

Reaction to the changes will take a while due to all the gil people still have on-hand, as it dries up they won't be able to replace it so easily and they will then no longer be able to buy job points. It will take a few months but they will mostly all disappear.
    we did this as an LS event, exactly.
    We had 6 groups of 6 players.
    Each went to a different part of Dho Gates where RMT botters and farmers were.
    Two ppl claimed a target in each group so they had 3.
    Killed fast enough to not let the RMTs get more than one target out of the 5~6 per spot and they could not chain or get any worthwhile exp/cp/jp.
    We KNEW this because the ppl who paid for services were sending /tell to us saying things such as "Hey we paid for this spot, get out of here!"
    and we replied... "Well, you sure weren't doing S^&* standing there afk so we decided to help ourselves."
    So within 15-20 minutes for one night, we had no RMT bot exp farmers in Dho gates.
    Works great when REAL people actually work to get rid of the riffraff.
    We plan on doing this over & over & over, new spots every time
    If we see all 6 people in the party working and playing and helping, we left THAT group alone and didn't interfere, but that was only one spot.
    (3)