Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Unity chat limits / removals.

Can we possibly get limitations for Unity chat members:
    Possible options:
    1] Character does not change zones for 30 minutes (idle/afk, bazaar, farming, in party, etc...) so Unity chat for advice/help is not needed, so remove them.
    2] Character does not post a chat in /unity for 30 minutes, so remove them.

#2 can and will be easily circumvented by someone coming up with a script to have it automatically do something within that time if afk, etc... so option 1 seems best in my opinion.

If/when they re-zone to another area, they get the "chance" to get back in to their Unity just like everyone else, as long as there is an open slot for them.

We have multiple other timers for items we use that have timers on them, so can this also be implemented?
    (2)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 06-15-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What if they are chatting in town in Unity chat for 30 mins (it never happens, but can do I suppose) and don't zone?
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    What if they are chatting in town in Unity chat for 30 mins (it never happens, but can do I suppose) and don't zone?
    Then when they STOP chatting in town, THAT'S when the timer starts. The kickout timer would start when they enter a zone, or stop chatting.
    And if they zone within 30 minutes, or chat in that time, their timer resets. THAT'S why I said either/or.
    Yeah but likely if they are in unity chat for 30 minutes and not doing anything, then they should just go to LS or /tell. Or go find something to do. Even on Asura, I NEVER see people chatting in Unity unless it is to complete ROV objectives... "Hello!"
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I used to not keep the chat enabled, probably mainly because it wasn't of any use to me, but also somewhat because of the limit that is being discussed here. Now though, with Mireu being a thing, I feel like I kind of /have/ to have it going just to be able to see if it's around.

Sometimes I may be idle for hours, while doing other things, but still keep an eye on the game and the Domain Invasion notifications in particular.

Luckily(?), on Fenrir even Sylvie's chat isn't full that often though, only during the EU/JP prime time really, so it's not that big of a deal there in that sense.

Some improvements to the system would be very welcome indeed.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.