Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This isn't going to affect RMT that much, other than prices for gil might rise a bit- they can still farm gil just as they could before, they just need more characters/accounts.

So really, it mostly just affects legitimate players.
    Yes they can (as they always have). However NPC'ing a mass of items and producing unlimited amounts of gil from nowhere is worse.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Yes they can (as they always have). However NPC'ing a mass of items and producing unlimited amounts of gil from nowhere is worse.

Stop de-railing my thread! This thread is about community engagement from the part of SE. I'd like to hear feedback about the Developer QA that we responded to.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Stop de-railing my thread! This thread is about community engagement from the part of SE. I'd like to hear feedback about the Developer QA that we responded to.
    Why are you responding to me exclusively and not others in this thread?

You post on a public forum, to which anybody can freely respond. If you feel ignored, contact SE directly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-15-2020 at 03:36 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    The community team take notes they think are worth translating and share them with the developers. They don't really talk to us here anymore (as applies to almost all official game forums now), doing that in modern times is not done anymore because of outrage culture. A literal typo can cause mass outrage, outside of the people even who play the game due to social media. They can say "we are thinking of doing this" and that suddenly becomes a cast iron solid promise and they then "lied" because they didn't do it and some people mis-rememebred what was actually said.

They communicate withe JP community a fair bit, mainly because they speak JP and so there is far less chance of misunderstandings, nothing has to go through translators and because JP culture is less awful than western culture (in 2020).

Also, less than .01% of the players post here anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean it's just like conversations in real life that go on a tangent. There's no rule against that. Just relax.

We do occasionally get followups/responses, and t here is the digest which is specifically written for the NA side.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean it's just like conversations in real life that go on a tangent. There's no rule against that. Just relax.

We do occasionally get followups/responses, and t here is the digest which is specifically written for the NA side.
    I agree with you, but regarding that NA digest, it seems specifically translated from japanese for the NA community and not expressly written for us. (I think SE tends to take JP answers to JP questions and translate them for questions that NA players have also asked). I'm skeptical, but rarely see any unique NA community team responses.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with you, but regarding that NA digest, it seems specifically translated from japanese for the NA community and not expressly written for us. (I think SE tends to take JP answers to JP questions and translate them for questions that NA players have also asked). I'm skeptical, but rarely see any unique NA community team responses.
    It is written for us- it just contains the same news. The producer even works on his english a little bit. It is a counterpart to the freshly picked videos which were produced mainly for the JP side. It's simply more natural for them to communicate in their native language to their native players, it's not because they care about you less.

I mean, the game is developed in Japan by Japanese, and most of the issues we present aren't unique to us to begin with, even if we report them first. On a great many thing, the JP concerns align with ours. For example, you can be quite sure Japanese players feel the same way about RMT as most of us do.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2