Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Are we just talking to ourselves here?

The speculative value of monthly updates is bad enough, but I get it, everyone is struggling due to the pandemic right now.

However, our posts rarely receive a response from the community team. I appreciated some of the developer Q&A in March, and we responded to that in-kind.

As a player, I feel very "in the dark" and the absence of official responses to many posts is concerning.

After 15-16 years of play, I'm getting ready to move on. It feels like SE already has...
    (5)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I feel the same as well, its so sad. I think they only respond to the JP team, they completely deleted their NA team recently. The only way you will get change is if you google translate your post and post it on the JP side of the forums. Go look at XIV, you can tell they have a dedicated NA team because they actually respond to people. How sad SE can't put the same effort into this game.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    As a player, I feel very "in the dark" and the absence of official responses to many posts is concerning.
    I get completely frustrated at the seemingly lack of action taken against any cheats and bots. I spend so much time reporting blatant cheaters (I've been around long enough to know what one is) We have a game littered with them and I fear that there are so many now, that its beyond the point of no return.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    We are just talking to ourselves. These are all my alt accounts, and i'm just talking to myself. I've lost control of my life.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I get completely frustrated at the seemingly lack of action taken against any cheats and bots. I spend so much time reporting blatant cheaters (I've been around long enough to know what one is) We have a game littered with them and I fear that there are so many now, that its beyond the point of no return.
    I want to be up front with everyone reading this comment, it is my opinion and my only basis for it is my own experiences with the support system. I believe that accounts cannot be banned or suspended by other regions, for example an JP account reported to the NA/EU STF will get zero attention based on the fact they cannot do anything to the account. Likewise, a EU account reporting NA ect. This is opinion is generated base on the fact, if you contact support in any region but you own, they will reply they cannot help with your account because it is listed as a different region. I likewise might just be creating an excuse for them.

I would also appreciate the occasional response from the dev team. A reminder occasionally that we are being looked out for, other then the required "update" post, would be a great encouragement in the continuity of the game many of us have played since release, as well as for those who are thinking about committing a great deal of their lives to our community.
    (0)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm too crazy to talk to myself.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Pretty hard to employ people to look over the NA forums when people hardly use them. It took nerfing sparks to get a small number of them, aka us, to come back. So basically yeah, we're talking to ourselves. On the bright side, the JP are surely expressing the same exact concerns, complaints, and ideas as we are. This was largely understood some time ago and is the reason these NA forums are dead. My best guess is give it a month or three. After that if you don't see improvement on this weak ass 100k limit, you can rest assured it will NEVER be improved upon. From there you will just have to do what you're gonna have to do. Either go back to the oh so painful and slow farming gil methods as before or resort to buying gil or quit. Do what you gotta do, man. There's no one here to hear you aside from once a week visits by the one or two english speaking team members they have left. I can tell you right now, after people got wealthy off of this sparks trick they are not going to go back to farming gil "slowly". They will either buy it or quit. Once you get access to nice things, going back is difficult to swallow. I just can't wait for our economy to further go to shit when people start buying hundreds of millions of gil because they can't swallow going back to farming goblin/dynamis/etc for money.

As for the rmt, I'm quite surprised they cared enough to still fight them, or so they claim. For a game that's basically done and will only be around for as long as a certain amount of players log in everyday, I'm surprised they give a damn. Again, OR so they claim.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    if you don't see improvement on this weak ass 100k limit, you can rest assured it will NEVER be improved upon. From there you will just have to do what you're gonna have to do. Either go back to the oh so painful and slow farming gil methods as before or resort to buying gil or quit.
    The 100k is ideal in my opinion, and also has the potential for people to get together to fight UNM once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    go back to the oh so painful and slow farming gil
    You mean actually play the game? Work for something? Who would have thought you have to work for things in life?

Nobody is going to quit because of this, people adapt and think outside of the box.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You mean actually play the game? Work for something? Who would have thought you have to work for things in life?
    I would not consider anything in this game work. Time consuming, sure. Work? lolno.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The 100k is ideal in my opinion, and also has the potential for people to get together to fight UNM once more.

Nobody is going to quit because of this, people adapt and think outside of the box.
    This isn't going to affect RMT that much, other than prices for gil might rise a bit- they can still farm gil just as they could before, they just need more characters/accounts.

So really, it mostly just affects legitimate players.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast