(1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm more interested in what they do with the metric tons of prize powder.
    (1)

Character
    Illuminate
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

June update addressing RMT

On Asura the vast majority of Apex camps, as well as mobs in Escha Zi'tah are riddled with bots. It has come to the point that legitimate players cannot farm job points anymore because all of the apex camps are over populated with these RMT bots selling job points.

The problem in addressing the job point sellers by simply banning them doesn't seem to be a viable solution in the long run.

I would suggest a solution that involves player participation in order to receive job points so they can't get them if they're simply AFK.

In terms of bots in general it gets easier and easier as software evolves to reproduce "normal player" behavior so people can still AFK. In terms of dealing with job points sellers I believe the best target is the legitimate player base who pays for these services.

For example, the solution involving player participation should be designed such that participation can't be reliably reproduced by a bot. It can involve a certain action at /random based on the player's job and current battle they are in. It can also involve a /random check that wouldn't involve a players participation. I think there are many possibilities in this regard.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SylphThor View Post
    On Asura the vast majority of Apex camps, as well as mobs in Escha Zi'tah are riddled with bots.
    Very true, and growing in numbers almost daily. It doesn't help though when players are justifying them, and using their "services" on a regular basis.

There is literately nothing now that isn't being sold. Delve, Job Points, EXP, Clears, Escha zones are dominated by mercs. /yell on the busiest server is actually dead or near dead regarding people creating groups.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-14-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SylphThor View Post
    On Asura the vast majority of Apex camps, as well as mobs in Escha Zi'tah are riddled with bots. It has come to the point that legitimate players cannot farm job points anymore because all of the apex camps are over populated with these RMT bots selling job points.

The problem in addressing the job point sellers by simply banning them doesn't seem to be a viable solution in the long run.

I would suggest a solution that involves player participation in order to receive job points so they can't get them if they're simply AFK.

In terms of bots in general it gets easier and easier as software evolves to reproduce "normal player" behavior so people can still AFK. In terms of dealing with job points sellers I believe the best target is the legitimate player base who pays for these services.

For example, the solution involving player participation should be designed such that participation can't be reliably reproduced by a bot. It can involve a certain action at /random based on the player's job and current battle they are in. It can also involve a /random check that wouldn't involve a players participation. I think there are many possibilities in this regard.
    Feel free to come on over to shiva, I'll grind job points with you any time, with plenty of camp availability. <3

This would really be a lot less of a problem if the population were more evenly distributed, instead of the lion's share of the playerbase being on one server though.
    (1)

Character
    Zigal
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Rmt Update

Worst Update in any game i play. This only company in gaming history hurt playerbase more than help them. I have play ff 11 off and on for past 18 years. Economy will not be effected at by this update. I can not count number of multi boxers go uncheck in this game that use third party tools should be ban and which in turn flood market with items 2 where ban for this player i ask SE. I have cancel my sub cause this update. My money goes to company actually care about their playerbase. Btw shout out Asura players hiddenfist and glassslippery guild only players actually help me out in game. Best luck to u guys.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zgaro View Post
    Worst Update in any game i play. This only company in gaming history hurt playerbase more than help them. I have play ff 11 off and on for past 18 years. Economy will not be effected at by this update. I can not count number of multi boxers go uncheck in this game that use third party tools should be ban and which in turn flood market with items 2 where ban for this player i ask SE. I have cancel my sub cause this update. My money goes to company actually care about their playerbase. Btw shout out Asura players hiddenfist and glassslippery guild only players actually help me out in game. Best luck to u guys.
    So your issue is equally regarding the update, as it is multiboxers (aka, for the most part Mercs)?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Feel free to come on over to shiva, I'll grind job points with you any time, with plenty of camp availability. <3
    Shiva is far too quiet. Need a server with some middle ground and a population of at least 1000, not 300.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Shiva is far too quiet. Need a server with some middle ground and a population of at least 1000, not 300.
    Concurrent users != total population. There's more than enough players to do anything you need to do if you know who to ask. That's the thing with the smaller communities, they help each other disproportionately more than larger ones.
    (0)

Player
    Please remove any and all EX tagged items from counting towards the cap. There is literally zero benefit to including any of them, it hurts legitimate players and does absolutely nothing to combat RMT activity. It is a straight up, painful nerf to legitimate players with zero benefit of any sort involved. This new cap especially hurts newer players/characters who may need to rely on "sparks gear" as their first ilvl equipment source and are likely struggle to find groups for HTBs to acquire Rem's chapters at a reasonable pace.

Personally, I'd also appreciate it if you could exempt UNM special materials as well. There isn't much profit to be made from them when comparing the cost:income ratio, and the ability to buy them is mostly useful for collecting pop items (which I provide to my linkshell at no cost to them) and using as upgrade materials. Any significant profit involved with their sale also involves dealing with the demand/delay of using the AH to sell rather than selling to NPCs, and every item requires actually playing the game and defeating each UNM at least once anyway, so it seems like a low-risk adjustment to exempt them from the purchase cap as well.

Other than my reasoning above to exclude UNM materials, anything else that can be sold to an NPC for gil should be counted towards these new caps, with all other purchasable items excluded, for both sparks and accolades. The current implementation is clearly overreaching.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast