Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

June 2020 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

Greetings, everyone!
    FFXI Producer Matsui here.

Alas, we’ll be delivering the FFXI Digest in text format once again.

This version update will mainly focus on aspects that were originally planned for the May version update that couldn’t be implemented due to some tasks being put on a halt.

As a countermeasure against RMT (real-money trading), we set a limit on the number of sparks of eminence and Unity accolades that can be exchanged each week.
    While the STF (Special Task Force) have been tracking reported logs and strengthening their enforcement, we determined that it would be effective to also reduce some simple methods of earning gil. This countermeasure will affect regular players to some extent. However, in order to minimize effects on players, we opted to limit the number of points exchanged, rather than remove certain Records of Eminence objectives.

We don’t think this is a perfect solution and will consider adjustments if necessary, so we’d like to hear your opinions on this countermeasure.

Ambuscade will both feature returning enemies, Dullahan and Pteraketos.
    We’ve added some new Dullahan-themed rewards, so please look forward to it!

I’d also like to briefly explain the reason for the adjustments made to alter egos.
    Certain alter egos used Holy during Divine Emblem to gain enmity; however, after the adjustment to paladin that reduced the recast time of Divine Emblem, we noticed that these alter egos often ran out of MP. To address this, we’ve adjusted AAEV and Rughadjeen to use Flash during Divine Emblem instead. With August, however, we addressed this by improving his MP restoration methods, so he will continue to use Holy as before.

The development and operations team are gradually returning to their usual productivity, and we’re currently in process of preparing for the July version update.

We hope that you continue to enjoy FFXI!
    (9)

Character
    Kusare
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    weekly limit was set way too low hurting regular players, please increase it.
    (13)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Please raise the weekly limit
    OR add a common method of obtaining crafting materials such as Cypress Logs, Cyan Coral, Azure Leaf, khoma thread, etc as drops from frequently repeatable events.
    OR lower the price of items mentioned above drastically.
    OR this is going to destroy the game economy.

Yes, we have had steady inflation for a long time now, but what was just done will cause catastrophic deflation to the point where the economy will shut down.
    (7)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 06-10-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Character
    Sagee
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    make it so every time you do something the rmt would never do the cap raises, wave 3 clears or something. Odyssey? people might actually do it but maybe to easy for the rmt still.
    (6)
    Last edited by Allreadyinuse; 06-10-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Character
    Mewwgoat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kusa View Post
    weekly limit was set way too low hurting regular players, please increase it.
    Highly agreed, as a player who can only play a couple hours 4 nights a week, i now just get to hope that the couple of mars orbs give me anything of value or the gobbie box. this WAS the main source of income for many players who weren't already billionaires from exploits or time and gil sinked in for crafting shields. Even a regular casual can hit cap accolades in under a week if they get in during a good time for gain exp. this sure might hurt rmt's, but decimates everything else along with it. Just cause your dog get a splinter, you shouldn't put it down in fear of it getting worse.
    (2)
    Last edited by mewwgoat; 06-10-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Character
    Indigla
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    One idea would be to give us a KI that raises the Sparks and Accolades turn in cap obtained through Deeds so dedicated players can get the rewards instead of RMT with fresh accounts.
    (8)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    We wanted to combat these activities in a way that would provide minimal pain to the playerbase, but in going over all the data we have, we believe that this is the best place to target to reign in this issue, as they were providing a very easy, stable, and repeatable source of gil. We hope that the majority of you will not suffer too much as a result of this limit.

sooooo what happened to this lol

The real answer to the problem was adding more gil sinks (something simple like Swarts on an NPC for 300k each would do the trick), monitoring RMT hotspots more carefully, and perhaps, as a last resort, removing the crystal RoE.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kyte; 06-10-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mewwgoat View Post
    this sure might hurt rmt's, but decimates everything else along with it. Just cause your dog get a splinter, you shouldn't put it down in fear of it getting worse.
    Come on, there are many ways to making gil in this game. I barely play, have more than enough and never did the whole sparks thing.
    (4)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm all for this because it brings some power back to the crafters, along with making it so actual farming for things like currencies should be more lucrative.

However...

The problem here is that this measure should have been introduced from the beginning. This is a pretty extreme measure put on the real players
    of this game. It doesn't affect me so much, but I know there are other players who relied on this to afford some of the more expensive items.

I would suggest some of the following measures to help alleviate some of the issues that will inevitably hurt the real players more than the RMT.

1) Lower the price of REM's Chapters. Not to a crazy low point of course, but maybe by half? Some returning players may struggle to find others to
    do some of the earlier battlefields, and farming the sparks to accumulate chapters is a better method for them. Would you consider a
    readjustment for those who struggle to farm these chapters in battlefields?

2) As was mentioned above, lower the price on some of the synthesis materials? Some of these upgrades are already pretty hefty for some,
    and not being able to farm sparks anymore would mean these 1.1m items will be perceived as a much harsher penalty.

3) Seeing as we have Merit Weapon Skill cap key items behind the "Deeds" system, would you consider adding key items to increase
    this cap? To my knowledge, most RMT accounts would not choose to take the time to do all of these tasks as it would be counter
    productive, but real players of the game would surely enjoy "earning" the right to increase their sparks/accolade caps.

If that's not enough, perhaps make it so players also need to have Rhapsodies of Vana'diel completed as well, just to put a further
    stamp of approval that this is more likely a real player and not a recently created account.

4) Unrelated, but please, please, please, please add more Mog Wardrobes as a QoL update and not as a "feature" to buy with
    our own money. I'd love to be more versatile with my jobs, but due to the sheer lack of inventory space, it is impossible for me
    to play anything different as I spend half of my time playing the inventory management mini-game. One extra wardrobe would be enough at this point.

Thank you.
    (6)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While this is update is focus on RMT, can you please look at:

Job point sellers - They breed like rabbits and are botting in most of the limited Apex camps.

The amount of unfairly obtained crafting shields in the game, giving people domination and power in the crafting markets to control prices. There are still bots running around for days/weeks/months/years on end collecting materials for people botting shields in areas such as Crawlers Nest and Palborough Mines.
    (9)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast