Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player
    If you want to stop RMT you would be better off addressing the reason people BUY gil in the first place, not addressing ways the sellers get it.

Job points are way too hard for newer players to obtain, yet for players with a REMA they are too easy. You need to implement boosts for players to get job points for the first 100-150 (at least), it's so difficult right now that they just give up and buy Job Points from Bots who kill Apex monsters in seconds.

I understand you want a time sink, but it's not working. People are buying 500 job points for 10m gil, which is very little. I like getting my own job points but the amount of work and time it takes to get 500 means even I'm tempted to just buy them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-02-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Character
    Loshiniloi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you ask me the the cap on how many sparks you can spend on buying Skill-Up Books needs to be removed. Reason being is NOBODY would buy these from the Auction House and new/returning players that are finding it hard to skillup could get these books and stand around and pop them. If you put a limit on them it slows their ability to catch up on skills that they need for doing Endgame. Most shells that do Endgame don't want underskilled players in their ranks so why limit the amount of skill-up books people can get from NPCs? Again there's better things in the game to blow your gil on and Skill-Up books aren't one of those "better things"
    (0)
    Anime-Gunpla Fan, Roleplayer, Gaming Addict don't send help! Master Samurai of Siren Server. I assure you *picks up Sledgehammer* I know exactly what I'm doing! Message for discord, telegram or roleplay profile.

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, I like it too in theory, I just think this doesn't hurt RMT and only hurts legitimate players.
    how would SE doing the same thing they did years a go hurt us. They took down an RMT company years a go by legal action and all i am asking is they do it again. we had very little rmt for years after they did it before that is the goal. force rmt to close up shop and force them to spend money and time to reopen. it is a big turn off now that prices are all so not as cheap as they were even 10 years a go.
    (0)

4. 07-03-2020 02:41 AM
    Reason
    rather not start something by mistake

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Job points are way too hard for newer players to obtain, yet for players with a REMA they are too easy. You need to implement boosts for players to get job points for the first 100-150 (at least), it's so difficult right now that they just give up and buy Job Points from Bots who kill Apex monsters in seconds.
    and there is me wondering how I got to 75 in the old days, when solo got you 15xp per Easy Prey kill.

Only reason why people allegedly buy currency is because they can't be bothered, lazy, and would probably cheat in all other games anyway given the chance.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
    how would SE doing the same thing they did years a go hurt us. They took down an RMT company years a go by legal action and all i am asking is they do it again. we had very little rmt for years after they did it before that is the goal. force rmt to close up shop and force them to spend money and time to reopen. it is a big turn off now that prices are all so not as cheap as they were even 10 years a go.
    I think you're confused. I'm referring to the thing they did to combat RMT with this update. It doesn't hurt RMT, despite that being the intention, and it only hurts legitimate players.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I think you're confused. I'm referring to the thing they did to combat RMT with this update. It doesn't hurt RMT, despite that being the intention, and it only hurts legitimate players.
    Time will tell as SE have a lot more data on their side than we do, to plough through and analyse.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    and there is me wondering how I got to 75 in the old days, when solo got you 15xp per Easy Prey kill.

Only reason why people allegedly buy currency is because they can't be bothered, lazy, and would probably cheat in all other games anyway given the chance.
    You can buy 500 job points for 7m, I can make 7m in a few hours. 500 job points would take me weeks, it would take someone far less geared than me months.

The only reason not to take the quick route is if you have the knowledge that you are ruining the game for yourself, but most don't understand this until it's too late. This is probably the 2nd source of players buying gil right now, just goto the apex camps and see how many idle players are there.

It's so bad now that it's rare to see someone without master stars, they wanted job points to be a long grind and at the start it was fine but they made it so long and boring that people now don't do it at all and bypass it. They messed up because they never re-visited it, it's ok to have a grind but it needs to feel like you're making progress. I've seen people taking 10-15 minutes to kill one apex monster, that's not meaningful progress when it's 1.5k job points to cap.

It's so bad at this point that it's rare to see apex parties at all now, it's easy to just farm the gil.

If they want to address RMT they need to make job point acquisition less awful, or people will just pay more for the gil no matter how annoying they make it for sellers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-05-2020 at 12:14 AM.

returned for the "ffxi return to vana'diel" thing after 2 yrs to this bs.. yeaaa. really screwed over everyone BUT the rmts. nice job SE... glad I quit in late 2019 now, hopefully the servers get shutdown soon on this spaghetti code game. trash
    (1)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8