Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbubbablu View Post
    Is this really happening you do this this same month as a double accolade event...too funny !!!! Well thought out
    It's perfectly thought out, as you don't get affected by using Accolades to fight Wanted battles.

So go and spam those UNM battles.....
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Lucor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think a part of the issue with the sparks/unity cap is that many players see no value in the items you can redeem points for outside of items they can sell for gil. For the most part, a lot of what you can exchange points for are only worthwhile to players who are levels 1-98, or just recently hit 99 on their first job.

The obvious first suggestion is to make all EX items (that can't be exchanged for bayld) not count towards the cap. These are items people get because they need it, not stuff to make gil off of.

Another idea would be to add items that are more worthwhile for advanced players added to the list of EX items (that don't count towards the weekly cap). For sparks, some examples would be Omen cards (10,000 sparks), Omen scales (99,999 sparks) and Maat's concoction (50,000 sparks)

For Unity points, I have 2 suggestions. Add a new item that is like a stewpot for trusts. Using it gives the party leader a food buff with stat benefits and major boosts to their trusts. Another idea is a Unity trust rental system. Let players use Unity points to rent other Unity trusts. This could cost 10,000 unity points per trust, which would require players to renew the rental weekly. Aside from being another means to spend unity points, this would help fix the issue where some unity groups are over populated.

Finally, the list of currencies you can exchange copper vouchers for is a bit useless to most players. If you added useful currencies like Ichor or Nyzul tokens, you would see a lot less people trading the vouchers in for sparks. (It would also help decrease the congestion of their content on some servers).
    (3)

Character
    Codegen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I like the new limit, please keep it.
    I think making the EX items not count toward the limit makes sense.
    The economy needs more sinks and less inflation.
    There are plenty of ways to make money for real players that are more fun than just trying to buy and sell as many shields as possible in the gain Xp window, that was just so tedious and not fun, but it was too rewarding to pass up, but really not the best part of the game at all. Some players might complain at first but I think they will discover other parts of the game to make money from very quickly, money for items from NPCs is never a problem, it's mostly items from other players which are currently inflated due to both RMT and how easy it is to make money and therefore devalues money.
    (4)

Character
    Wuon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 27
    Would much rather see a reduction of the amount of gil earnable from RoE items. Make all RoE items non sellable, and add an option to convert up to ~50K Sparks a week directly to gil at a 1:10 ratio. Would remove the hassle of buying and selling the shields for regular players and leaving them able to buy whatever they want for non gil purposes. Would be a good idea to also make all non guild/repeatable quest RoE items (like Acheron Shield) rare so players following old guides don't burn all their sparks thinking they can sell them.

If you're working on fixing Alter Ego behavior, it would be nice if you could fix the caster's healing monsters with an absorbed element.
    (0)
    Last edited by WuonTFJ; 06-11-2020 at 03:43 AM.

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    " we set a limit on the number of sparks of eminence and Unity accolades that can be exchanged each week. "

As mentioned by other players this is going to hurt a lot of solo players. I would suggest a higher cap that is applied across all characters on a single account.

Right now all RMT are going to do is make additional characters on the account and when they cap one out and move on to the next.

Previously when we had this same issue (Abyssea / Chocobo Blinkers) you out right nerfed the price of blinkers making the exchange rate pretty terrible.

This is probably not a popular opinion but I would suggest making any of the equipment items that can be bought from sparks vendor and then sold to NPC to be sellable for 1 gil much like the starting character equipment is flagged.

This would hopefully encourage players to purchase things they can sell to other players (skill up books / mats needed to pop Gaes Fete / UNM Upgrades) and would generate money inside the player economy instead of literally printing it from an NPC and causing inflation.

Maybe look at adding other items to sparks/unm such as PBR's and other REMA upgrade items. (the really outdated 3 c vouchers -> 1 PBR is really terrible considering Gorpa Masorpa exists now).
    (1)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

Character
    Mims
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This change to sparks is totally acceptable to me.
    Yes, I get some gil from sparks and accolades, I had been dumping my points into Acheron Shields and Prize Powders like I assume everyone else.
    I have other ways to make money, and dumping sparks/accolades is inconvenient.

Anything that makes the life of RMTs less comfortable is fine by me.
    (0)

Character
    Desumond
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Worse. Update. Ever.
    (1)

Character
    Cimyr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Man just because the global economy is in shambles doesnt mean I want it simulated in FFXI too.
    (4)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Wow, 100k unity accolades per week REALLY hurts when farming unity NM's.
    It should be at least double or triple that just to not kill Unity NM farming.

Especially since I want more unity pop items for my Odyssey farming.

this is really ridiculously too low.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Wow, 100k unity accolades per week REALLY hurts when farming unity NM's.
    It should be at least double or triple that just to not kill Unity NM farming.

Especially since I want more unity pop items for my Odyssey farming.

this is really ridiculously too low.
    There is no limit to how many accolades you can use on NM pops. Just exchanging.
    (2)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast