Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    1) Lower the price of REM's Chapters. Not to a crazy low point of course, but maybe by half? Some returning players may struggle to find others to
    do some of the earlier battlefields, and farming the sparks to accumulate chapters is a better method for them. Would you consider a
    readjustment for those who struggle to farm these chapters in battlefields?
    Well this seems to be a problem common with low population servers and new players. I can see your point about lowering the cost of the chapters as they would have no bearing on
    RMT or gil. I would say, however, a lot of the fights are soloable given the selection of difficultly levels that can be chosen.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I use my Sparks for crafting, so I dont know how this will affect me yet. Some weeks I use more than the new cap other I use less.

A way to increase your cap for the week would be nice, maybe make it rotate each week.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Kazaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This cap actually hurts regular players more than RMT by a big margin. RMT often have many characters botting for sparks, meaning they can have an unlimited amount of characters in theory. 1$ mules swapped in and out can easily cap all character slots on an account in one gain-exp event. The regular player can't do that. Additionally, you often see, at least, groups of 6 character-bots in Asura all the time, 24/7, every day of the week capping sparks.

Let's look at this logically. A regular player can now make roughly 1mil gil per week using 100,000 sparks so that means;

1 character = 1mil / week
    6 characters = 6mil / week
    1$ mules swapped in/out = ??mil / week

Once deflation has happened to the point it's balanced out, RMT will have more of an incentive to sell gil and the price of gil will actually go up! Making their stockpiles worth more! This change actually helps the RMT and encourages more of it.

I am disappointed that Square Enix has decided to crush the game economy and the regular player, rather than focus on banning the characters that are obvious bots that seem to have immunity. I could find, gather evidence, and get rid of the bots on Asura within a week if I worked for Square Enix. They have actively chosen to allow these RMT to run their gil-selling activities because it brings in more money per month from the additional subscriptions. The economy change will keep us all occupied for a few months while the economy changes, during this time nothing is happening to the bots and the RMT.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kazaki; 06-10-2020 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Clarity/Grammar

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sparks of Eminence and Unity Accolades now have a maximum weekly exchange limit of 100,000 each.
    * This weekly limit will reset each Sunday at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) / 3:00 p.m. (GMT) / 4:00 p.m. (BST)
    Is this a troll? This has to be a troll on players. When is the 'lol jk it's actually daily limit' coming? Lol I'm super casual at using my sparks and accos and this change hurts me lololololol 100k for an entire week lol I just spent 95k sparks on skill books in well under a hour. Guess I don't have to worry about using my vouchers on sparks in a pinch anymore lol wow let's not nerf the npc buy prices like we normally do, let's put a whole 100k weekly limit on exchange. Let's not up that gain xp requirement to 10k or 50k, let's put a whole 100k WEEKLY limit on sparks excha-

Look I know I won't have any fans with my stance. I'm sorry some of you are resorting to making gil from roe and npcs. That's rough. I wish you could keep that option. But it is unnatural for a player to become wealthy off of vendors. That is what crafts and drops are supposed to be for. Would I have done it had I known? Oh hell yeah. Doesn't make it any less unnatural, and our economy has boomed with inflation as a result. SE can blame the rmt to save face but we all know why that inflation happened. Word spread on 'the trick' and for the last several months prices on stuff has skyrocketed 3 fold or more. I'm sure rmt had some impact. Players came back during the covids, didn't feel like working for anything and bought gil. I get it. It becomes a problem when you could make quite the fortune in a week's time if you were dedicated enough. Maybe SE even intended for this convert sparks to gil thing to happen. But as with all MMOs, humanity proves resourceful in it's pursuit of efficiency, and if it was intended so players could obtain gil easier these days, they have decided to put a stop to it.

I like the idea of the sparks cost for particular items to be lowered. They were obviously what they are as a result of SE knowing how easy it was to obtain sparks. That would solve problems like mine. But as far as gil makers goes, well, 100k is harsh. It is obvious to me it is 100k because SE realized no one bothered until gain XP hit three times a week to cover all time bases. I did the math. 1 mil per 100k sparks and 1 mil per acco. People reported like 30 mil per week. Roughly ten fill ups per gain XP. Alot more I'm guessing is possible. I have some experience in gain XP and sparks farming. I think we can afford to put the limit to 500k, or even a million. Cut it by two thirds potential. Cutting it down to 1 fill up from 20-30 fill ups is really harsh. At the very least create more gil sinks to handle that kind of gil entering the economy. Make a new MB. 10k per ball or 100k per. 5 digits instead of 6. 4 instead of 5. Half the winnings. Etc. There's gambling stuff in FFXI. up those rewards so people actually use them for a change. Whatever. Allow us to buy 20 silver vouchers instead of 5. We mostly die to mimics so whatever. It's not hard lol
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm going to assume that the unity limit spending does not apply to UNM battles?

EDIT: No, it doesn't (phew!).

Just another thing, and some feedback.

I don't think items under "Items" should count towards the cap, with the exception of Etched Memories. Personally speaking, I don't see a reason for caps on Chapters or a Capacity ring, unless the sparks cost be lowered on these items?
    (3)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-10-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Kazaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    One way to actually fix it is to increase the price, in sparks, that an item costs over a certain amount of purchases and then it goes up infinitely over more and more purchases of that item - but only on items that you can sell. Chapters should be accessible to new players.
    (3)

Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm in favor of the cap as is.

It still allows players to make some gil for things like spells/food/etc

While this doesn't stop the ability of RMT to print gold, at the very least it slows it down considerably which is overall a good thing.
    (3)

Character
    Pipster
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Cap is fine - But please reduce the cost of rare/ex items so the cap doesn't effect regular players. i.e. chapters, skill up books, etc...
    (4)

Character
    Kalyoth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Would it be possible to change the rewards table for the Special Gobbiedial keys? With the new restriction upon the purchase, unless you have done everything in the game, these keys have just become completely useless as a purchase item based upon the size of the rewards pool & the significant chance to obtain items of no use to the player or resalable/tradable to others.

Also - perhaps consider mechanic triggers that allow players to earn additional resets of the points through content such as Ambu, Dynamis Divergence etc - any content that you can't mostly just sit there afk thru & recharge bots with?
    (0)

Character
    Nitewalker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Funny

Is this really happening you do this this same month as a double accolade event...too funny !!!! Well thought out
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast