Thread: June Update

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

June Update

You have probably deduced that this is an effort to combat RMT activities in-game.
    So how about having ONE person log in to each server for around 15 minutes, /search every known RMT spam zone (eg. early Adoulin zones, Gustav, etc.) and simply mass-ban every totally obvious RMT character based on:

1) their keymashed names
    2) they're all level 99 BST/DNC, wearing 117 gear and using the tiger
    3) all rank 1

I defy anyone to say with a straight face that any LEGIT character would fit that profile.

Around two hours work and you've dealt with them for a while all without affecting your PAYING customers at all.

But no, SE doesn't do that, they simply implement changes like they're going to do here no matter what impact it has on PAYING customer, like they've done since 2002.

/sigh
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I understand the point you are making. Players can spot, or assume someone is RMT by looking at them.

However, SE has to go through a process, and that is to investigate.

It takes evidence, and this takes time to gather.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I understand the point you are making. Players can spot, or assume someone is RMT by looking at them.

However, SE has to go through a process, and that is to investigate.

It takes evidence, and this takes time to gather.
    To add-on to what the good Sir above stated, this does not mean you should not report them. Odds are others have just accepted this as the norm, or just dont care. Therefore; if you dont report them, no one will or has.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    To add-on to what the good Sir above stated, this does not mean you should not report them. Odds are others have just accepted this as the norm, or just dont care. Therefore; if you dont report them, no one will or has.
    It has actually gotten to the point now (and I've seen it myself) with people defending them.

If you see something suspect in game play, then report it, but you can't blanket ban people because there name doesn't look right and they are in sparks gear, as Kraggy suggests.
    In fact, some genuine players names even look like they punched the keyboard or had one or two alcoholic beverages too many before character name creation.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.