Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    mercing items is not against ToS, selling job points for in game currency is not against ToS. The problem are people cheating. Botting is cheating and against ToS 2.1, Selling the Gil they get is violation of 2.2. People who obviously do not earn their gil utilizing these services by buying gil with real world value or money are against ToS.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    mercing items is not against ToS
    However, you can't control multiple characters on one PC, unless you use other means than retail (or are sitting around 5 actual desk/laptops). Which is against ToS.

I understand it has always been a 'thing', although on the server I came from, it was very hush hush and underground. Now its open and out there, which has also made it spiral out of control (which it has, by far).
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-06-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    However, you can't control multiple characters on one PC, unless you use other means than retail (or are sitting around 5 actual desk/laptops). Which is against ToS.

I understand it has always been a 'thing', although on the server I came from, it was very hush hush and underground. Now its open and out there, which has also made it spiral out of control (which it has, by far).
    Also, section 2.1 You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.
    In regards to mercing and job pointing, I didnt feel the need to specify using multiple characters on the same machine because in order to control 5 characters as your implying, you would need to use a bot. This does not change the fact that mercing and job point selling (for in game currency) is not against the rules. If any of us farm a tinnin pop and sell the fang and let people join for the kill so they can save the 1.5-2hours farming there own pop, its not against ToS. Its the people cheating that are violating ToS and instead of saying all mercing is bad or selling job points are bad, I wanted to draw attention to the fact these are not breaking the rules. The rules are being broken by people using third party applications to run the game, using bots to play the game for them, and engaging in RMT. Thats breaking the rules.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2