Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Arrapago Remnants Entry Restriction

Hi there! I just finished the first few steps on my way to getting an upgraded Gastraphetes for my Ranger and I came across one of the worst things you can possibly see in FFXI. "You can only participate once per Earth day. Please try again later." It's well-known that Salvage isn't exactly the Alexandrite-producing powerhouse it was in comparison to Ambuscade, and certain Mythic Weapons are still forced to use Arrapago Remnants, specifically the end boss, Armored Chariot, to complete their Magian trials in order to upgrade their weaponry. I see that it was changed back prior to 2015, but since Ambuscade gives a significantly higher return of Alexandrite, I can't imagine why this is still restricted. Please consider changing this requirement or restriction for future version updates!

PS: For reference, the affected weapons are - Tizona (Blue Mage, Trial 3103), Vajra (Thief, Trial 3094), Kogarasumaru (Samurai, Trial 3116), and Tupsimati (Scholar, Trial 3122)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's well-known that Salvage isn't exactly the Alexandrite-producing powerhouse it was in comparison to Ambuscade,
    Ambuscade has a hard limit on how many alexandrite you can generate per character per month. If you hit that limit, then salvage is your next option and therefore, the limit is still relevant.

It was also a design decision not to make changes to accelerate the mythic/empyrean weapon growth process. An unfortunate one of course, but one nonetheless.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah, but you can make alts to bypass the hard Alex limit on Ambuscade. Can't bypass a hard timer limit.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Terasan View Post
    Yeah, but you can make alts to bypass the hard Alex limit on Ambuscade. Can't bypass a hard timer limit.
    Typical players aren't going to pay more money for alts to get more alexandrite. I certainly know I won't. That's aside the fact that alts can do more salvage as well, which makes your point basically moot.
    (0)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't think I have ever done Salvage, once. No idea how to even start it, I don't get how anybody can grind in those boring zones like that. Like to be there once is interesting, but nyzul isle is sooooo boring. Like...the most boring thing I have ever experienced in life. Game content should never be this tedious and boring at the same time. Like they could've at least added something chasing you through there.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreus View Post
    I don't think I have ever done Salvage, once. No idea how to even start it, I don't get how anybody can grind in those boring zones like that. Like to be there once is interesting, but nyzul isle is sooooo boring. Like...the most boring thing I have ever experienced in life. Game content should never be this tedious and boring at the same time. Like they could've at least added something chasing you through there.
    If you haven't done it once, how do you know it's boring?

It was major endgame content for years.

And I'm really not sure how nyzul could be more boring than any other sort of grinding. At least nyzul is a little different each time you do it. Also, Nyzul != Salvage.
    (0)

Character
    Ionno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    If you haven't done it once, how do you know it's boring?
    Watched youtube videos, looks super boring.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreus View Post
    Watched youtube videos, looks super boring.
    Watching a youtube video is totally, totally different from actually doing something.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm intrigued to know, if you find salvage and nyzul so boring, what do you find exciting? Which zones are your favourite?

We're all different, no right or wrong answer, I remember someone in my ls many moons back, just loved fishing, all they did is fish, night and day
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    I'm intrigued to know, if you find salvage and nyzul so boring, what do you find exciting? Which zones are your favourite?

We're all different, no right or wrong answer, I remember someone in my ls many moons back, just loved fishing, all they did is fish, night and day
    Salvage was actually one of my favorite contents when it was new. A lot more technical than Dynamiis and most other endgame content was. Of course now even neo salvage is fairly trivial but I thought it was the most fun. Fishing is actually the part of the game I dislike the most, in literally every game that has it. Outside of battle content I find synergy to be fun, i liked the idea of crafting that could potentially kill you (though it doesnt really happen in reality lol)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast